Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

The cinema and a surprise visit

Hello readers how are we all this fine summer's day ? Now I don't want to tempt fate but for the last 3 days I have been getting around without my stick. I'm a little bit wobbly but I'm managing :)

We did not go to Frankie and Benny's (or as I like to call it Ben and Jerry's lol) in the end. I am a little bit short on funds this week what with having 2 camps to pay for. I explained to the boys and they were great about it. We will go in a few weeks when Brad gets back from camping as the 20% off voucher I have does not expire until the end of August.

Today we went to the cinema myself, Brad, Ben, Brandon, and Brads best friend T. How much would you expect to pay for transportation, cinema tickets, and food and drink for 3 adults and 2 children these days ? I did some calculations and this is what it should have cost.....

Transportation £19.80 in bus fairs
Cinema tickets £40.75
Food and drink £20
So a total of £80.55 omg no where near what I paid. Here's what I paid and how.....

Transportation £8.90 used the train with my friends and family travel card
Cinema tickets £10 T, Brad, and Brandon got in free due to there disabilities and Tuesday's is cheap day so £5 for Ben and £5 for me
Food and drink £0 I took food and drink from home
So a total of £18.90 for the 5 of us and a saving of £61.65

I got given a lovely box of chocolates from T and his mum for having him for the day which I thought was a lovely thing to do and I was very touched by the gesture.


Yesterday I had a surprise visit from my sister Leanne and her fiancee Carina (yes they are a gay couple and I couldn't care less I love them both infinitely). It was so good to see them both as well as being my sister she is my best friend and I hate being so far away from her (I live in Wiltshire and Leanne lives in London). We took the boys to the library to sign up for this year's summer reading challenge the mystical maze. They chose their books and a couple of DVDS and then we popped to Morrison's to get some ice creams to eat in the park on the way home. £1 for a box of 4 mint ice cream cones so 25p each. Brandon has already read his 3 books so we will be going back to the library on Thursday to get his first prize and get some new books.


Anyway better get on. I have to help Brad pack for his 10 day camping trip which he is going on tomorrow. It's sure going to be quiet around here without him.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment