Pages

Thursday 3 July 2014

Quiet Contemplation And Making Money On The Side

Hello readers today has been a hard day for me. Today would have been my brother Danny`s 25th birthday. Danny passed away when he was 5 and a half months old from meningitis. Back then little was known about the condition and there were no immunizations against it. He was a cheeky little chap always happy and always smiling. He had one of those bouncy chairs and he worked out that if he threw himself backwards and forwards he could move the chair from one end of the room to the other and found it very funny giggling as he went. He scratched up all my mum's kitchen floor by doing this and for many years she refused to replace the kitchen floor as the scratches reminded her of Danny and would make her smile. He has been with me today I have felt his presence whenever I have felt down almost like his giving me a kick up the bum and telling me to cheer up his ok up there.

 
Happy Birthday Dan Dan's xxx



I have managed to make a bit of money this last week which has really helped as things are pretty tight here at Tilly Towers at the moment. I sold a bag full of my old clothes for £13, an old hedge trimmer for £15, and 2 broken bikes as spares or repairs for £15. So total made this week £43 for junk I no longer needed. I have a ball gown, a jacket, and will soon have some boys clothes bundles to sell also so fingers crossed a few more pounds coming my way soon. I sell my items on local facebook selling pages as its much easier than ebay. People come and collect the item which saves faffing about with postage and trips to the post office and the money is straight in your purse sometimes within just a few hours of posting the items on the page.

What do you do to make a little money on the side ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and your family today as you remember Danny.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete