Pages

Friday 18 July 2014

BBQ On A Budget

Hello readers I have had a wonderful day today. I wanted to do something special for the boys to recognise all their hard efforts at school this year and Brads exams. I decided to do a BBQ as the boys love barbeques and I still hadn't road tested mine since I cleaned it all up and replaced the new part (saving myself £90 on a new one). It was very cheap but oh so very cheerful. This is the price run down.......

A tiny paddling pool £1 from poundland
A fishing game £1 from poundland
A hula hoop £1 from poundland
9 Packs of bubbles £1 from poundland

A bottle of cola 45p
10 Bread rolls 10p (yellow sticker)
10 Finger rolls 10p (yellow sticker)
10 Value sausages 75p
10 Value burgers £1.38
10 Value cheese slices 64p
5 Choc and nut ice cream cones £1.25

Total cost for entertainment, lots of food, and yummy ice cream for pudding £8.67 for the 5 of us.

And here are the pictures of our celebrations.....

 
My babies

 
I will not smile for the camera I will not smile

 
Oh no I'm cracking

 
Darn it I cracked lol

 
I'm forever blowing bubbles

 
Pretty bubbles in the air

 
They fly so high

 
Nearly reach the sky

 
Hula time
 
 
Oooooo I see fish

 
To hard to catch them so I am going to cheat when I think no one is looking lol

 
Well can't catch any today and you know what they say if you cant beat them join them lol

 
Mmmmm nice and cool

 
Baby if you leave the garden you will be grounded for a week

 
Handsome dude

 
Ugly dude lol

 
Yummy food

 
Can anyone tell me what this beautiful flower is ? She grows freely along my boarders and is such a vivid orange its truly stunning
 
 


 
 
To top off my wonderful day my lovely next door neighbour A has given me some jars and lids so tomorrow I am going to have my first ever attempt at jam making :)


How do you celebrate on a budget ?


Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. Not sure on the plant - could be a day lily or oriental lily - good luck with the jam - I think you're very brave making jam in this heat - I froze the fruit last year and then made the jam in October when the heat from the cooker helped warm the kitchen - looks like it was a good day xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trudie I thought she was probably a lilly of some kind. I have taken your advice and frozen the fruit for jam it's way to hot at the moment xxx

      Delete