Pages

Sunday 27 July 2014

School Holidays and a 16th birthday

Hello readers as you can probably tell from my absence the last few days all 3 of my boys are now on summer holidays. As a result my blogging may be a little sporadic as I intend to spend every spare minute enjoying their company and doing as many frugal activities with them as possible.

Friday was Brads 16th birthday he had a smashing day and loved all of his presents.....


 
I used newspaper as wrapping paper and used a black and green ribbon to coordinate with the newspaper I think it looks pretty good.
 
 
The fun part is always the unwrapping

 
A kindle fire HD (on offer in Tesco at the moment for £99.99 plus you can double your club card points in the club card boost promotion and use theses towards the cost).

 
Lynx shower gel and deodorant XL packs and on offer in Tesco 2 for £6. He usually has the value brands so this is a real treat for him.

 
A kindle case reduced to £2.50 in Tesco

 
5 pairs of value socks £2.50, and a shirt reduced from £16 to £7 in the sale.

 
A huge box of maltesers £3.25
 
 
Opening his birthday cards
 
 
 
Brad spent half the day with me and Lee and the rest of the weekend with his dad and step mum. He is due home tomorrow when I will be taking him for a belated birthday meal to Frankie and Benny's (Brads choice). I have a 20% off voucher which will keep costs down. On Tuesday he will be going to the cinema with a few friends. Tuesdays is cheap day at £5 a ticket so I have said I will give him £20 for him and his 3 friends tickets, they all have free bus passes due to their autism, and Brad will be using some of his birthday money for snacks and drinks for him and his friends.
 
 
 
 
Today I went yellow sticker shopping (sorry no picture but the boys have their kindles with them so I am without a camera). Here's what I got.....
 
6 x Boxes of 2 chocolate éclairs 9p a box
2 x Melon duo snack packs 9p a box
Pack of 2 fresh cream doughnuts 9p
2 x Boxes of 6 mini buns 9p a box
3 x Chicken and bacon baguettes 39p each
3 x Apple snack packs 5p a bag
2 x Packs of quorn ham 9p a pack
3 x Prawn sandwiches 19p each
1 Tuna and cucumber sandwich 25p
2 x Small loafs of bakery bread 9p a loaf
 
In total I paid £2.64 for this little lot thanks to a saving of 85p in pre promotions on top of the yellow sticker reductions :)
 
 
How do you deal with birthdays on a budget ?
 
Much Love
Claire xx xx xx
 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Brad :-)

    Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Brad and with 3 nearly 4 grandchildren, (next one due October) 3 children and 2 in law's I save £80 per month to pay for birthdays ans then £100 per month for Xmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of putting a set amount of money aside each month specifically for birthdays and xmas Trudie. I think this will be something I will start doing once I am debt free as well as the boys saving accounts and an emergency funds account xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated happy birthday to Brad.
    The majority of the gifts I give are either homemade or secondhand. My elder daughter was 26 last month, and her present and card came in at less than £5 including the £3.20 postage to send it to her. My younger daughter's 19th birthday is next month - I found her a pair of boots in the Topshop sale for £3 instead of £36. I can't spend what I don't have so I have to be very inventive - it's always been that way, even when they were children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips Scarlet and what an awesome find on the topshop boots I bet your daughter was over the moon with them xxx

      Delete