Pages

Sunday 20 July 2014

Numbers And Meatloaf

Hello readers how are we all today ? How are you all coping with the thunder storms. They don't really bother me being almost completely deaf but I know a few of my friends are having trouble getting a good night's sleep at the moment.

Today I have been working on and updating my lists. I have the following lists which I go through and update occasionally.....

List of debts
Monthly list of outgoings (aka The Budget)
A financial to do list
A general to do list
A list of crafting ideas for my Xmas stall (and the fb selling page I hope to set up)
A list of daily chores

As you can see I'm obsessed with lists lol. They do seem to keep me focused and on track though. Here is my current list of debts.....

Catalogues £1145
Pawn shop £300
Overdraft £2700
Solicitor £410
Personal credit £1260

Total in debts £5815 now
Total in debts at the start of my debt free journey £10577


So a total of £4762 has been paid off not quite as much as I would have liked but at least the figure is going down and not still rising. I aim to post a debt list every 3 months here from now on to keep better track of how much is being paid and how quickly or slowly the balance is decreasing. I will post my monthly budget later in the week.


For tea tonight we had meatloaf, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, peas, carrots, and gravy. Here are the costings.....

2 meatloafs 38p (yellow sticker)
Half a bag of frozen roast potatoes 50p
8 Yorkshire puddings 27p
Stuffing 20p
Peas and carrots 9p (yellow sticker)
Gravy 10p

Total £1.54 and served 4 of us so 39p per plate




For dessert we had melon and grape snack packs which cost me nothing. I got them on yellow sticker at 5p a bag and there was a promotion on them of buy 4 get 20p off so they worked out cost negative. When I worked out I had got them for free I went back in the store and bought all they had and ended up with 24 bags of melon and grapes for free plus I got a box of coconut, a pineapple raspberry snack pack, and a box of watermelon for 14p due to another fruit promotion. The woman serving me nearly fell off her chair when she put through the 3 fruit boxes and 20 fruit bags and had to charge me just 14p lol :)

How has your weekend been ? Have you been up to anything nice ?


Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. Great YS bargain shop! Also like your 39p tea! It has been ages since I made a meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna we had never tasted meatloaf until the other week when I picked a couple of cooked one's yellow stickered to 19p each. I popped a couple in the freezer and so glad I did its delicious slow cooked in gravy in my crockpot. I will have to have a go at making my own meatloaf at some point xxx

      Delete