Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Cats, Food, And Knitting

Hello readers today has been a busy but lovely day. This is what I woke up to first thing this morning.



Isn't that just the loveliest cheeky chappy smile. Baby was sat on Ben's back padding and refused to move which both Ben and I found super funny she is such a little cutie when she wants to be. Once we managed to peel Baby from Ben's back I got the children ready and off to school. Once the house was quiet I got on with my usual routine. I took my million and one medications, then tidied up top to bottom, then saw to the animals, got 3 lots of washing done dried and put away. After all that was done I had just enough time to have a quick shower before heading off to Ben's sports day.

Ben was in 3 races he came 2nd in the relay race, 2nd in the long jump, and 5th in the flat race well done son very proud mumma here :)
Imagine my dismay when I turned to the Mr and asked for his phone to take some pictures for the blog and he told me he had left it at home grrrrrrr moment which was quickly forgotten at the sight of clotted cream scones lol. Readers these scones were delicious they were clotted cream and came with butter, jam, and cream. We had one scone each and a can of drink each which cost the grand sum of £3 that was mine and the Mr's lunch today and very nice it was. Here's Ben showing off one of his 2nd rosette's (he lost the other two lol).



Once the boys got home from school we popped to the library to return some DVD's and books and the boys choose a new book each and asked about the summer reading challenge. We have to go back on the 12th of July when they can sign up to take part in this years challenge.

 
 
We then popped to Morrison's where I got a few yellow sticker goodies not much going today but still did ok. I got 250g of mild cheddar, 8 soft bread rolls, and 8 croissants for £2.09. We then popped in the local greengrocers to see if they had any reduced price fruit and veg. We got 9 kiwis, 4 punnets of blackberries, and 14 apples for £2.40.



Ben needed to get a pad of plain paper to complete a piece of Victorian homework but we had just missed them as they had already closed up. The lovely lady in the greengrocers heard Ben telling me this and went and knocked on the door as she knows the lady who runs the shop and explained he needed to buy it for his homework so the lovely lady let him in and sold him the pad even though they were closed how nice is that :)

On the way home we ran into the lady who owns the local hairdressers just as she was closing up. She has been cutting the boys hair for years now and we know her well. Brandon was a little upset as Ben had a pad of paper and he wanted one of his own so he began to tell M how upset he was that he did not have a pad of his own. M told him to come with her and a few minutes later he emerged with a huge smile, a pad of paper, a lollypop, and a lollypop for each of his brothers. Again how nice is that we didn't even get any haircuts just stopped to say hello on our way home.

I love where I live everyone is so friendly and polite. We live in a small rural town and have a small high street where the shops are still closed on a Monday and a Sunday and half day on a Saturday and Wednesday and I love it. We have a butcher, a fishmonger, a bakers, a newsagents, a greengrocers, an iron mongers, a couple of chemists, a few charity shops, an old fashioned sweet shop, as well as a few other little shops and cafes. I lived in London until I was 18 and no way would I ever dream of taking my children back there to live. I think I was a country girl trapped in a big city and now I am living my dream in the countryside with my children.

Once home I did a little knitting before making tea and after this post I will be settling down for the night with a free film from the library and a bit more knitting I may even treat myself to one of my 4.5p frozen crème caramels they are delicious.

 
Goodnight from the motley crew here at Tilly Towers lol
 
 



Much Love
Claire xx xx xx


2 comments:

  1. Well done Ben!

    I want to eat a cream scone now - have you got any left please :-)

    You did well with your bargains. Food definitely tastes better if it is reduced.

    Goodnight all at Tilly Towers.

    Toni x

    ReplyDelete