Pages

Sunday 13 July 2014

A Fun Frugal Day

Hello readers Ben and I had the best day yesterday. Brad and Brandon are at respite this weekend giving Ben and myself a much needed rest and Lee is at his place as he is working. I wanted to do something fun and out of the house with Ben instead of him being stuck on the computer or kindle all the time but also wanted it to be a cheap outing. We were spoilt for choice yesterday as there were several things going on in our area. There was a street fair with lots of free acts to watch, there was a summer fete at one of the local pre schools, and in the next town (a bus ride away) there was a free cooking demonstration going on by famous tv chef Gino Dicampo (hope I've spelt that correctly). We decided on the street fair as there was lots of free acts they had on. They had.....
Clog dancing
Belly dancing
Majorettes
Karate demonstration
Musicians
Puppet show
The little zoo
Pony rides
Pig show
Dog show
An open air evening concert with various tribute bands

All of this was free and great fun there were a few other things there but you had to pay for them. The only things we paid for was £2 for Ben to go on an inflatable obstacle course for half an hour, and I spent £2 on The British Legion tombola where I won a red leather hand bag, some tupaware, and a pair of ornaments all of which were brand new and a girl can never have to many handbags or pieces of tupaware lol. I took a picnic lunch and a bottle of pop so we didn't have to pay to eat or drink when we was there. Here are some pictures of our day out.....


This is Dave Hickory the ballon man. He is amazingly talented and can make anything out of balloons. It was fascinating watching him.


This is the minion Dave made for Ben 


The majorettes keeping us entertained


A tortoise from the little zoo


"Hey stop taking my picture or I will take your phone" lol


Rocky the raccoon he was adorable and I fell completely in love with him


Ben didn't want to leave Rocky and if I'm honest neither did I :(


A cute little pony and her goat friend


Ben enjoying his ham and cheese sandwich I made for him


A nice mother and son shot


This little chap scared the life out of us as he rode up to us and started talking to us. We didn't see the man controlling him at first (if you look over Ben's shoulder you will see the chap in control of the puppet).



All in all we had a fab time but decided it was time to come home as we were both very tired and mummy was quite wobbly (I nearly fell over 3 times lol).
Once home we spent the evening watching films and Ben taught me how to make loom band bracelets. I think I may have caught the bug that is taking over the UK at the moment as I have made 4 loom bracelets since last night lol.

What about you have you had a fun but frugal weekend ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Love the photos!
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste it was great fun and so nice to get a bit of one on one time with Ben. Having 2 autistic brothers and a mum who gets poorly a lot (I have menieres disease) he has a lot to cope with but he never moans and always helps with a smile on his face xxx

      Delete