Pages

Friday 4 July 2014

A Clothes Clear Out And A Summer Fete

Hello readers I have been a busy bee today. I started my day as normal the obligatory medications and housework. I then had somebody come to the house to look at my ball gown and she bought it there and then for £20. So that is now £63 I have made on the side this week by getting rid of unwanted items :)

I have had a major sort out of the boys clothes today. I have noticed they have all had a growth spurt recently and a lot of their clothes no longer fitted. I started with Brad I went through all his clothes checking sizes. Anything that no longer fits him but is in good condition got put into storage for Ben in a few years time. Anything that was in bad condition and beyond repair has been recycled. I then did Ben`s clothes in exactly the same way and the clothes that went into storage will go to Brandon in a few years. I then did Brandons but instead of storing the good items I will be selling them on the Facebook selling pages. Brandon is my last child and I won't be having anymore children so I may as well make a few pounds from them. I then pulled out my clothes storage box and went through all the clothes I have been storing that will now fit the boys. I put it all away in their wardrobes and refilled the box will all the new storage clothes. I could have sold all of the clothes but I find that using the boys clothes as hand me downs is another way that I save a lot of money on clothes so I prefer to do this.



Here is my new clothes storage stash


And here are the clothes I am going to sell


When I picked Brandon up from school I had a chat with his teacher about how he is getting on at school. She is a lovely lady who used to teach Ben and I used to work as a trainee teaching assistant with her husband so she knows us well as a family. Although Brandon is making good progress she has noticed Brandons autistic traits seem to be much more noticeable. She has asked the head to reassess Brandons needs and look at getting him a one to one worker. I know Brandon is a very demanding and headstrong little boy and he has been lucky to have Mrs R this year who has the patience of a saint. I just hope he is as lucky next year as he has been this one. After chatting with Mrs R we went over to Ben's school fete it was great fun. Brandon and Ben both went on the bouncy slide and won a prize each on the lucky dip. Brandon went on the bouncy castle and Ben performed some songs with his drama group. It was awesome watching him up there singing in front of people as he is usually quite shy when it comes to things like that. I had £2 on the tombola and won the following a heart bath bomb, a moshi monsters bath set, a tin of macaroni cheese, a pack of digestive biscuits, and a large bag of haribo sweets. I was very lucky with the amount of prizes I won. In total I spent a little over £20 but that also included a cheese burger each a hot dog each and an ice cream each plus we shared a drink between us.















If you look closely you can see Ben on the right hand side of the picture wearing a black suit and trillby hat.



We are back home now and are all very tired so an early night is beckoning me thinks.

What are you all getting up to this weekend ? Whatever it is have fun.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. Depending on the weather I'm hoping to go to the car boot.

    Well done on all your prizes:-) And well done to Ben - I can see him in the photo.

    Toni x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good car boot unfortunately they are all to far away from us and I no longer drive due to my MD. Have fun and hope you bag yourself some good bargains xxx

      Delete