Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Jam Making

Hello readers a quick update on Brandons school situation yesterday. I went and spoke to his head teacher today and it turns out that the child in question had been teasing him for some time and yesterday he just snapped. The mother of the other child has also been spoken to and she is happy that it was six of one and half a dozen of the other. The other child has been spoken to about teasing Brandon so this should hopefully stop now. Both his head teacher and myself have told him that if he has problems in the future to come and talk to us instead of taking matters into his own hands. We discussed a suitable punishment and she was pleased with how I handled the situation at home. We both agreed one more day of no computer privileges would surfice and the matter has now been dropped.

The Mr took me for a spot of lunch today and it was so nice to get out of the house for a bit. I'm very wobbly at the moment due to this cold causing my MD to play up so I had to go in the wheelchair. We called into the local green grocers on the way home and I managed to get a large punnet of strawberries, lots and I mean lots of plums, some carrots and broccoli, and a bag of Apple's for £2.40. I have decided to turn the strawberries and plums into jam. This will be my first time making jam and as I don't have a canner I will be using the hot water bath method of canning.

Do you make homemade jam ? Do you have any tips or recipes you care to share ?


Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

3 comments:

  1. Glad it all worked out well - your lads always come across as good lads so didn't think that Brandon would do something like that without some reason why. I do make jam but always use recycled jam jars - a tip would be before you test for a 'set ' make sure that your saucer is nice and cold - I always drop mine in the freezer for a good 10 mins before I need it - Good Luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the situation with Brandon has been sorted out.

    Have never made jam so I can't help. I do like eating it thought :-)

    Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies xxx thanks for the tips Trudie I have put a post on my local free site to see if I can get hold of some jars and lids (no point spending money if I don't need to lol). I was going to put my saucer in the fridge overnight but prefer your tip about the freezer so will do that instead. I will blog the process and the results just as soon as I get my hands on some jars :) xxx

    ReplyDelete