Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

What A Difference A Day Makes

Wow what a difference a day makes I was feeling pretty blue this morning but am now on top of the world. I took myself off for a walk earlier and with views like the one below how could I not be cheered up.


This lake is just a five minute walk from my house and is so pretty. If you go at the weekend you will see all the youngsters having sailing lessons. I like to go in the week and just sit on the dock and relax. There's something really calming about being next to the water and it was just what I needed today.


The sailing clubs notice board with all the upcoming events


Shortly after getting home I received my delivery from approved foods I was suprised but very happy as I had an email this morning saying it would not be delivered today after all and I would be contacted to arrange a new delivery day.


I got all this for just £35 the boys were amazed and very happy that the treat cupboard has been restocked this will keep us in treats and puddings for a good 3-4 months.






And tonight Matthew I am going to be an evacuee 

Ben is studying world war two at school at the moment and yesterday they had a trip where they visited a world war 2 museum. It was very authentic by all accounts. They all had to dress as evacuees and were given a rationed lunch. They had a mock air raid and had to bunk down in a real air raid shelter. Ben also had to send a letter home to his parents talking about his experience as an evacuee (I cant wait to receive my letter). We have spent a lot of time talking about a relative of mine who was shot and killed in the war. His name was William "Willy" to family and friends and he was my great grandma's nephew. Here are some pictures of Willy they are so old that the photos were actually done on postcards.


You can see how young he looks in his basic training photo and then how much more grown up he is in the other two pictures

My dad also lent Ben a book that is almost 100 years old. It dates back to August 1916 and is a collection of all the press and media information published during the first world war. Ben has been fascinated by this topic and I am really pleased he has been able to learn something about his heritage.


This book is almost 100 years old and belonged to my great grandmother by all accounts


I am now smiling from ear to ear and all the negativity of this morning has been forgotten put in a box and locked away. Sometimes all you need is a good walk, stunning views and you are back to your old self again.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment