Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Menieres Disease And Homemade Food

Sorry for no post last night I have been suffering terribly with my MD. I had 2 attacks yesterday one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Meds were taken and when I was not dizzy I was conked out from the strong meds I have to take they are powerful stuff I can tell you. They stop the dizziness but they also knock me out for a good few hours. So yesterday was spent spinning and sleeping I am afraid.

I have taken it pretty easy today as I am still suffering the after effects of yesterday. I have done some more work on the baby blanket I am making for my next door neighbor. She is due in 9 days time so I really better get a wiggle on. The wash mitts have been made and sewn together and all that's left is to finish the blanket and make a card. It is my best friend's and my god daughters birthdays on the 4th and 5th of April so I also have to get presents and cards made for them. I am thinking a handmade jewellery set for the bestie and a toiletries set for DGD and a nice big coffee cake for them to share.


This is the baby blanket I am making sorry about the darkness my phone camera has no flash so any picture taken at night time looks very dark. It is actually a lovely pink and white colour I will take a picture during day light hours when its finished to show you all.



I did manage to make a lovely lamb casserole for tea tonight it was a bit of a cheats casserole as I used tinned veg, ready made roasties, and ready made yorkshire pud. I wont beat myself up about it as I am ill and needed to make it quick and easy as possible.


I got all this lamb from one small lamb shank and there was plenty for myself and the boys


And here is the end result it was yummy and I got to use my slow cooker for the first time

Costing for this meal was as follows
Lamb shank 99p (yellow sticker reduction)
1/2 a pot of gravy granules 10p (Tesco value)
1 small onion 10p (Asda smartprice)
1 tin of carrots 20p (Tesco value)
1/2 a tin of sliced mushrooms 20p (Asda smartprice)
1/2 a bag of ready roasties 50p (Iceland)
6 yorkshire puds 25p (Tesco value)
Total cost for 4 servings £2.34 so 59p per serving


For dessert we had homemade icecream, dark choc and walnut cake, and syrup cake 

Here is the costing for dessert
Homemade icecream 4p
Dark choc and walnut cake 0p (Brad made these at school)
Syrup cake 13p (2 slabs for £1 approved foods)
Total cost for dessert was 17p and it was delish


Well I am hoping to be a bit more with it tomorrow as I need to clean out the animals and mend some duvet covers as well as more knitting and tomorrow is my pamper day to so I need all the strength I can get for a busy day.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment