Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

Prezzies On A Budget

I have been making mum's birthday prezzie today I did the costing and it works out this lovely handmade gift will have cost me £2.35 to make bargain and so much more personal than a gift bought from a shop.




As well as the toiletries I have knitted a washcloth and headband and will also pop in a little tea light candle and a small bar of chocolate so she can relax in style


Washcloth and headband ready to be put in a pillowcase and washed


I also made her a birthday card and a mother's day card. I would have liked to have made her a coffee cake as her mother's day present but as she is in London and i'm not paying to go all that way I had to settle for a few nice little items from Poundland I got her a small teddy, small box of chocolates, framed poem, and a cute little snowglobe total cost £4. I will post these off to her on Wednesday when I get the free bus into town.





I was given a Bench jacket a few weeks ago for Brad my friend was going to throw it away because the stitching had come undone under the arm. Me being me I asked if I could have it and I have stitched it all back up and popped it in the wash ready for Brad to wear. It's very rare that we wear brand names unless they are given to us or I pick them up very cheaply from the charity shop. I had a look and similar jackets from the same make go for around £35 so i'm very happy that we got this for nothing and saved it from the landfill. Brad will get plenty of use out of it. I also mended a pair of Brads trousers today. The stitching at the crotch had come undone so I sewed it up with my trusty needle and cotton saving me £9 on the purchase of a new pair. I have another pair to mend also so in total I will have saved £18 and got a free jacket for him all thanks to my needle and thread. It amazes me what people will throw away when with just a bit of time and effort something can be mended and its life extended.

After reading frugal queens blog recently I visited approved foods (a website that sells food that is close to or past its best before date). I was so excited by the site and have placed an order with them and eagerly await its delivery. I spent a little under £45 which included delivery costs and have ordered an absolute mountain of food. I will post a picture just as soon as it arrives.

This weekend will be spent doing easy jobs around the house as i'm still laid up with the lurgy. Thankfully the boys are at their dads for the night so it will give me chance to rest and try and shake this bug off.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment