Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

Weekend Catch Up

So the Mr has gone home and we wont be seeing him for the next two weeks as he is working 12 hour shifts every day for two weeks solid. We will miss him heaps but understand that the reason he is doing this is so that the flat can be done up and rented out and we can then finaly live together as a proper family.

Friday was VE day celebrations at Ben's school and it was great fun. There was an exhibition of all the childrens work and I was really impressed with some of the models the children had made.

 
The children who created these awsome models are all 8-9 years old

 
Such detail in the work I was very impressed by it all
 

I was also very impressed with Ben's efforts at the celebrations. He was chosen to give a speech to anyone who pressed his button and he remembered it word perfect.

 
Ben's speech
"I am speaking to you, from the Cabinet Room in 10 Downing Street.
This morning, the british ambassador in Berlin handed the German
goverment a final note stating that unless we've heard from them by
11 o'clock that they will prepare at once to withdraw their troops from
Poland a state of war would exist between us. I have to tell you
now that no such undertaking has been received and that
consequently this country is at war with Germany."


In the evening we went to a bingo night at the school to raise some much needed funds. Don't worry it was a very frugal outing. Bingo tickets were 20p each and a strip of raffle tickets were a pound so in total for myself, Lee, and Ben it cost £3.40 for 4 games of bingo and 5 raffle tickets. Lee won 3 easter eggs and a box of maltesers which we have put away for the boys for easter saving us the cost of an egg for each of them. Ben was also given an easter egg for being so honest. I was given a pound extra in my change so sent Ben back with it and they were so impressed by our honesty they gave him an egg which we allowed him to eat over the weekend. They provided pens, chocolates, biscuites, and squash all free of charge. It was a little surreal that as a christian school the bingo caller was dressed like Marylin Manson and drinking red wine but hey it was all good fun especially the rabbit and chicken who were running round checking all the bingo cards.

Saturday we did a little charity shopping. I got a few items I have been needing, one of which was a slow cooker I had decided on one from asda which was £25 and managed to find the exact same model in the british heart foundation shop for just £10 and it looks like it's barely been used.


 

I also found this gorgeous sewing box. At the moment I am keeping all my sewing bits and bobs in a little bag and have been meaning to get a nice box for it all to go into.

 
This little beauty was £4.99 but I had a credit note for £1.99 so it ended up costing me just £3
 
 
The inside of the box is lined with brown satin
 
 
The hinges are a little rusty but a bit of bicarb, and vinegar will sort that out. It also has a bit of a musty smell to it so I will give it a febrezze and it will be good as new.
 
 
And the cherry on the cake this sewing box was handmade in England as you can see from the sticker I look forward to bringing this box back to its former glory and getting many years of good use out of it.
 
 
On Saturday evening Lee took Ben and I to the cinema as a treat. We used our rail card getting us cheap train travel and we used Lee's odeon points getting us cheap cinema tickets. I usualy take a large handbag with me and fill it with drinks and treats saving us from buying anything at the cinema itself. As it was Lee's treat it cost me the grand total of nothing and we had a really good evening. We went to watch Oz the great and powerful which was awsome as my favourite films growing up were The wizard of Oz and The return to Oz. The new version did not live up to the original 2 films but it was still very good and we all enjoyed it.
 
 
On Sunday we went end of day bargain hunting and found a few goodies daffodils 10p a bunch x3, 12 Warburtons bread rolls 15p x3, 1 loaf of bread 27p, 6 sausage rolls 37p x2, box of fruit 7p, chicken liver pate with pancetta 50p x2, chicken and bacon triple sandwich 63p x2, 5 chocolate donuts 39p x2. We then got the train home and I came home to the following freebeeies given to me by my good friend Kelly.
 
 
 
Kelly knows how much I like a good book
 
 
She also knows I have been looking for an oil filled radiator and happened to have a mini one in storage which she has given to me. It needs a bit of a clean up where it has been in storage for a long time but this little beauty is going to save me heaps on electric now I don't have to use the electric fire so thank you so much Kel loves you lots.
 
Last night I had a pretty bad MD attack which saw me crawling on my hands and knees downstairs trying to find my meds. Its the worst one ive had for a while and has completely wiped me out and left me feeling very unwell so today has been spent resting off the after effects and doing pretty much nothing all day.
 
 
Hope everyone else has had a good weekend and dont forget become a follower of my blog and when I get to 10 followers I will have a little give away as a little thank you for joining me on my frugal journey.
 
Much Love
Claire xx xx xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment