Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

I Love Days Like Today

I find that the best frugal days are the ones that come out of the blue, the ones that take you by surprise, the ones you were not expecting. Today has been one of those days. I went into town later than expected thanks to an MD attack I had to cancel and re book my eye test. I took my med's went to sleep for an hour and woke up with the spinning gone so headed into town. I went to the library to return our books and DVD's and I got out a new selection for the week. I usually get 4 DVD's for myself and one for each of the boys and a book for each of the boys all free of charge. I love my local library and don't know what I would do without it. You can rent books, films, audio tapes, use the computers, they have events in the holidays all for free its our main source of entertainment. You can even borrow one of those electricity monitors that tell you how much electric an appliance uses. I have put my name on the waiting list and as soon as it becomes available I will be borrowing it. They have a free activity on in the Easter holidays so I will be taking the boys to that. They will get to do Easter crafts, get given a few little chocolate eggs each, and be read Easter stories  by the librarian again all free of charge.

I popped into Morrison's to do my weekly shop which was 2 loaves of bread and 6 pints of milk. However the man with the reducing gun was out so I stalked him round the store and managed to get the following bargains.


6 loaves of bread at 25p a loaf


2 pork shanks 55p each, 1 lamb shank 99p, 1 pack of frying steak 55p, 1 large rump steak 55p, 1 large pack of stewing steak £1.45, and 1 large stuffed shoulder of pork £2.99


In total this little lot should have come to £27.17 I paid just £9.13 a saving of £18.04 and still came in on my weekly £15 food budget plenty of meat for next months food planner. All the bread and meat have been put in the deep freezer until we need it.

We sat and watched one of the DVD's from the library and are currently watching The Diary Of Anne Frank as Ben is studying this at school as part of his world war 2 project. I am enjoying it for the frugal factor of course.

News flash
Today I cleared my first debt since starting the snowball method of debt repayment 4 weeks ago recommended by frugal queen. It was a short term loan for just under £1300 and I made my final payment on it today. The joy I felt when I checked my account after making the payment and seeing the words "you currently DO NOT have a loan" can not be put into words. I am so grateful to Frugal Queen for showing me another way of dealing with my debts. On top of this I made an over payment of £250 to my catalogue and a £100 over payment on my store card. I still have a long way to go but just those 7 words "you currently DO NOT have a loan" are enough to keep me on this path to debt freedom.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment