Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

My Frugal Sunday



Sorry for the delayed post I had a throbbing headache last night and just wanted an early night with some pain killers. Also sorry for no pictures today I forgot my camera at home and no the above chicken is not the one we had for dinner I got it from the internet but ours looked just as good if not better. I had a lovely restful day yesterday. The bestie picked me up and took me over to her house where we sat and chatted whilst she cooked the dinner. We had roast chicken, boiled potatoes, green beans, carrots, peas, and gravy it was delicious and I wiped the plate clean and even ate a few of the left over potatoes saving them from the bin. I was stuffed and did not have to eat anything for the rest of the day. The bestie commented on the fact that I ate all my veggies as its something she has never seen me do. I explained to her that I wont let anything be wasted any more and that since I started padding out meals with veggies and bread I have learnt that actually I really quite like them. We then spoke about me being frugal for a bit and I shared some hints and tips for her to try I also showed her the approved food website recommended by frugal queen (I get my first delivery this week and I am just a tad excited). We watched a few funny videos on youtube and had a good old giggle before it was time for me to get home for the boys return. So I had a wonderful Sunday with dinner cooked for me and no washing up lots of fun entertainment and the total cost was £0. We will have Karen and Leia over to us one Sunday soon and I will show her how to cook a Sunday roast for 7 on a budget with homemade cake for pud. 

The boys will be on school holiday's again before we know it so last night I sat down on my laptop and looked for free up coming events in the area to keep them amused. I was so upset to see that the local country park has closed its doors to day visitors. Its just a 3 mile walk from our house and they have some stunning country walks as well as a woodland adventure play area and educational center all free. They have decided to stick with campers and school visits but no more day visitors "bah humbug". Anyway I have managed to find a few nice country walks around our area and if we are feeling particularly energetic we may even do the steep hike up to the white horse and have a day over looking our wonderful village with a picnic and watching people jumping off the side doing their air sports. I will also pop into the library and information center next time I am in town and see what they have planned for free or at very little cost.

Much Love 
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment