Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Some Times I Miss Having A Car

I have been wanting a family portrait done for some time now but I am not willing to pay the astronomical fees that are charged. Today whilst reading my pay to view emails (I get paid 1p for every email I read) I was offered 20p to enter a competition to win a years free shopping. I entered the competition gaining my 21p (I of course never include my phone number otherwise my phone would be ringing off the hook with people trying to sell me "stuff"). As a thank you for my participation I was given a reward of a free photo session and one free print. I had a look at where the studios are located and there is one not to far from me a 10 minute drive in fact. However I don't drive any more and what would cost me a couple of pound in fuel would cost me well over £15 in bus fares. I can not and will not pay this so the family portrait will be put back on hold indefinitely. Now I do realise that the idea behind these offers is to lure you into buying additional prints however I have a will of iron when I want and would have said "thank you for our day of pampering, thank you for my lovely photo which I will now go and frame for £2" (buy a frame from wilkos) and left the studio with a smile on my face and money still in my pocket. So today just for a few minutes I really missed having a car. I then reminded myself of the huge amount of money I am saving by not having one and suddenly felt much better.

Dinner today was "what can we scrap together" its like old mother hubbord here at the minute until the big monthly shop arrives tomorrow.


This is what we scraped together sausages and scrambled eggs cooked in cream with a little "stinky cheese" as the boys call it served with spaghetti and bread roll.


Reduced bread rolls 5p for 8 rolls


The end product which tasted a little like carbonara but less creamy


The costing was 4 eggs 40p, 4 sausages 20p, 1/3 bag of spaghetti 8p, cream 60p, cheese 15p, bread rolls 4p total cost was £1.47 there was enough to serve 5 so this works out at 30p per person for dinner bargain and not bad for "what can we scrap together".


Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment