Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

Number Crunching


Most of today has been spent number crunching and my brain is now well and truly fried. I started my day by getting Brandon ready for a birthday party I wrapped up the £2.99 spiderman backpack filled with mini marshmallows (bought in the sale after xmas and stored for such an occasion) in the blue tissue paper I had lurking in my craft draws and a piece of green ribbon I found in there to. The card cost 10p as I had previously bought 10 cards for £1 from the card factory especially for party's the boys get invited to. We walked there and back to drop him off 15 mins either way and then we did the same again to pick him up. Total cost £3.09 for that Brandon got to spend an hour and a half playing at the soft play center with his friends from school, got fed lunch, and bought home a party bag filled with cake little toys and some sweets and mummy got an hours exercise free of charge.

When we got home I made the eldest 2 boys some lunch and packed all their belongings for a night at daddy's. Once the boy's were out of the way and I had the peace and quiet needed to concentrate I set about my number crunching task. I started by making a list of all the meals I make well, ones that we all enjoy eating. I then set about making a list of every item we use in this house food, drink, toiletries, cleaning products, animals food and bedding, vitamins and medicines, baking products etc etc. I then spent hours price comparing everything making a note of the store it was cheapest at and the cost. I then made a one month menu plan for march using all the items we already have in which involved a bit of stock taking. I went through my list and made a note of all the items needed that we don't already have in and then went through the price list I had already made making a note of which store to buy it from and the price. I then added it all up and it came to just under £89. That's our main shop for the month and will feed and take care of the house and 5 people. I will do a weekly top up shop but that will just be milk, bread, and veggies. I will do my weekly shop half an hour before the store closes in the hope of getting some of the needed items at a reduced cost.

Although I have the night off from the boys I am baby sitting my god daughter tonight which I don't mind at all. I love having her and its so nice to have a bit of female company instead of always being surrounded by arguing boys. I have enjoyed every minute watching Leia grow up from being a new born baby to the lovely 10 year old young lady she is today. I was never fortunate enough to have a girl myself but Leia is the daughter I never had and I love her as if she were my own. When the bestie comes to pick her up in the morning she will be taking me back with them and cooking me a lovely Sunday roast which I am really looking forward to. I will have to pop to the shop in the morning and buy a cake or a vienetta (which ever is cheapest, the invite came at very short notice otherwise I would have baked a cake to take with me) as my contribution to the table.

Anyway I am now running round like a headless chuck getting all my housework done so that I can enjoy my Sunday lunch and catch up with 2 of my favorite people and not have to worry about getting things done when I get home.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment