Pages

Friday 31 May 2013

Personal Hygiene On A Budget

As you all know I am living on £1 a day for a week this is to include food, drink, toiletries, cleaning products, transport, and entertainment. I have already shared my cleaning routine on a budget so thought today I would share my personal hygiene routine on a budget. If there is one thing I can not stand its people saying they can not afford to keep clean. After all you can buy a bar of soap for 11p. Every other day I have a 5 minute shower and then every other day I have a strip wash this is enough to keep me clean and tidy and smelling fresh as a daisy here are my routines.

Shower Day
I start by washing my face and hands with my 11p bar of soap which will last a good month.
Next I tone my face by placing it in a bowl of very cold water.
I then use a huge tub of coco butter (my mum bought me 2 for xmas and they last for months but you can pick them up in one of the pound shops for £1) to moisturise my face and hands.
I brush my teeth using my 9p toothbrush which lasts me a month and my value range toothpaste 25p a tube which lasts approx 2 weeks if not longer.
I then jump in the shower and using my value range shampoo (40p a liter and will last around 2 weeks) give my hair AND BODY a good wash.
Once dry I pop on some of my value roll on deodorant (lasts around 2 weeks) and bobs your uncle I am clean as a whistle and smelling fresh as a daisy.

Strip Wash Day
I start by washing my face and hands with my 11p bar of soap which will last a good month.
Next I tone my face by placing it in a bowl of very cold water.
I then use a huge tub of coco butter to moisturise my face and hands.
I brush my teeth using my 9p toothbrush which lasts me a month and my value range toothpaste 25p a tube which lasts approx 2 weeks if not longer.
I then run a bowl of nice warm water and use my bar of soap to give my body a good all over wash and rinse clean.
Once dry I pop on some of my value roll on deodorant and once again bobs your uncle I am clean as a whistle and smelling fresh as a daisy.

The total cost to keep myself clean like this for a week is approx 53p so it really does baffle me when people say they can not afford to keep clean. If you ask me its just an excuse for being lazy.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment