Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

Jewellery Making And A Bit Of Gardening

Today has been a very good day in spite of a rather nasty vertigo attack I had this afternoon. I have not had any attacks for a few days now which has been lovely but this one really knocked me off my feet. The morning got off to a good start with me waking well rested and full of energy. Ben informed me that he was feeling unwell so he had the day off school and will be off again tomorrow as his school has a 48 hour policy where illness is concerned. I got the other 2 boys off to school and made a start on my housework by 10.30am everything was done so I was able to get on with some of the jobs on my to do list. I checked on my mushrooms and the white film is starting to appear so I am hoping I will be able to take them out of the box by Thursday.



Here is my little mushroom growing kit in my towl cupboard



If you look carefully you can see the white film appearing




I also got 3 of my 6 maris piper tubers in to an egg box and on to the window sill ready to start sprouting so that I can get them planted. The other 3 tubers will be kept to plant when I have harvested the first crop.



My tubers in the egg box 


On the window sill in the sunshine ready for sprouting


I also planted 3 different types of tomato a sweetie, a yellow pear, and a tom thumb



I also made a cloche for when they start to pop their heads through I will need to make another 2 but they are so easy to make and best of all are free.



Take an old drink bottle and give it a good wash out



Take a pair of scissors and cut round about 2 thirds of the way down the bottle and you have a homemade cloche


I finally got around to spending a few hours jewellery making. I have been meaning to make some new stock for my etsy shop for some time but just have not got around to it today was the day. I made 2 pairs of earrings, 2 bracelets, and 2 necklaces and I hope to get a lot more done this week and get them in the shop soon.



They will be in the shop just as soon as my friend has done the professional looking photographs for me and prices start at just £1.99



Here is Kindy checking out the new rug I wonder how long it will be before this has a bald patch lol



And here is a beautiful pot plant the Mr bought for me today I am such a lucky girl :)




 Anyway this busy day has left me shattered that and the attack I had this afternoon so I am going to head to bed for a good nights sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be as good as today has been.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for an insightful post. These comments are really helpful.. I found a lot of useful tips from this post
    Jewellers in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete