Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

My Big Weekly Clean On Just 9p


Here is how I did my big weekly clean on just 9p. I will go through room by room. I used a third of a bottle of all purpose cleaner, a few rags cut up from an old towel, a shammy, and my mop and bucket and hoover.

Upstairs
BATHROOM = I started by opening the window nice and wide to give the room a good airing. I then washed down the toilet, bath, sink, shower, and tiles using a small bucket of diluted all purpose cleaner around 2 caps full with hot water and then dried it all down using one of my dry rags. I put a cap full of neat all purpose cleaner into the toilet bowl and gave a good scrub with the toilet brush and then flushed. I then hoovered the bathroom floor and used the same water to mop the floor. Bathroom done.

BEN AND BRANDON'S BEDROOM = I opened the window to give the room an airing and then tidied up. I then used a small bucket of all purpose cleaner 2 caps full and hot water to wash down everything I would normally use polish on the bed frame, window sill, t.v and unit, and games console (please remember to ring out your cloth thoroughly before doing this as electric and water are not a good combination) and then dried it all off with a dry cloth. I then stripped the bunk beds and put fresh bedding on. I then hoovered the room. Bedroom 1 done.

BRAD'S BEDROOM = I opened the window to give the room a good airing and then tidied up. I then used the same bucket of water to wash down the bed frame, window sill, t.v and unit, and games console and then dried it all off with my dry cloth. I then stripped the bed and put fresh bedding on. I then hoovered the room. Bedroom 2 done.

MY BEDROOM = I opened the window to give the room a good airing and then tidied up, I then used the same bucket of water to wash down the bed frame, window sill, t.v and unit, my craft draws, and picture frames and dried it all off with a dry cloth. I then stripped the bed and put fresh bedding on and hoovered. Bedroom 3 done.

HALL, STAIRS, AND LANDING = I opened the window again to give the area a good airing. I then used the same bucket of water to wash down the window sill, picture frames, and banister and dried with a dry cloth. I then hoovered the whole area. Area done.

Downstairs
FRONTROOM = I opened the windows to give the room a good airing and tidied up. I then used a fresh bucket of all purpose cleaner and hot water as the current bucket was pretty grubby. I washed down the window sills, t.v and unit, mirror, wall unit, fireplace, stereo and unit, picture frames, and leather sofa and dried with a dry cloth. I used my shammy on the mirror, picture frames and t.v screen to get rid of any smears. I then hoovered under the cushions of my sofas and underneath the sofas themselves and the frontroom carpet. Frontroom done.

DINNING ROOM = I opened the window to give the room a good airing and tidied up. I used the same water to wash down the dinning table and chairs, chest of draws, window sills, and picture frames and dried with a dry cloth. I used my shammy to get rid of any smearing on the table and picture frames. I then hoovered the room. Dinning room done.

KITCHEN = I opened the window to give the room a good airing and tidied up. I did the washing up dried it all and put it all away and washed down the sink area. Then using the same bucket of water from the other downstairs rooms I washed down and dried the fridge freezer, all the cupboard doors and worktops and shelves, tiles and windowsill, microwave, kettle, toaster, washing machine, cooker, chest freezer, and emptied and wiped over the kitchen bin. I then hoovered the floor and washed it using the same bucket of water. Kitchen done.

MONTHLY JOBS = I used a fresh small bucket of  all purpose and hot water to wash down and dry the following which I do monthly but usually with a range of different products skirting boards, light switches and plug sockets, walls doors and door handles, light shades, and windows and window frames. I used an old free newspaper to buff up the windows after washing them and a shammy to remove any smearing that was left. I finished my big clean by going round and closing all the windows.

I managed to do all this using only one product and the house is just as clean as when I have used several products so I think this will be a change we will be keeping in place. I used 9 cap fulls of all purpose cleaner in total so around a third of a bottle so 9p to clean the whole house top to bottom.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

1 comment: