Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Cheap And Easy Macaroni Cheese

You can buy ready made macaroni cheese frozen or in packets starting at 85p and they usually only serve one person. I like to make my own for the boys and it is so much cheaper. I buy a pot of cheese sauce granules for around 80p a tub and a bag of pasta twists for 30p.





Boil half the bag of pasta twists for around 10 minutes. Whilst the pasta is boiling make up your cheese sauce I use half the tub of sauce and add boiling water until I have the desired consistency. There are instructions on the pack but I just do it blind. You can also use boiling milk instead of water if you prefer a creamier consistency. Once the pasta has boiled drain and mix well with your cheese sauce and there you have it quick, easy, and cheap macaroni cheese.



I served with 2 mini rustic rolls each



And I had 2 portions left over to go in the freezer for another day


Costing for this meal was 15p half a bag of pasta twists, 40p half a tub of cheese sauce granules, 15p 6 mini rustic rolls (yellow sticker reduction) total cost 70p and served the 3 boys so approx 23p per portion and I have 2 portions in the freezer.


I have made some more jewellery today to go in the etsy shop. I am hoping to get it all photographed and in the shop some time next week.



3 Bracelets I made and will be in the shop for £2.99 each



The 2 necklaces will be in the shop for £4.99 each and the bag charm is a end of year gift for one of the boys teachers thank you for the idea Dawn. Dawn rose makes some lovely jewellery and is currently making some beautiful bag charms as end of year gifts for teachers. You can view her gorgeous homemade items HERE


Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

NOTE= If you click on any of the pictures it should enlarge them so you can view them in more detail.

1 comment: