Pages

Friday 17 May 2013

Kids TV Today

When I was a little girl I used to watch programmes such as the sooty show, Bill and Ben, and my little pony. I am extremely disturbed by the kids programme I have just seen called The Slammer on CBBC. Prison is supposed to be a deterrent from committing crime this programme makes it look like a holiday camp. How are we supposed to teach our children right from wrong with programmes like this making a mockery of the prison system. Now I realise that it is just a programme but at this age our children are very impressionable and a programme that makes prison look fun and not a punishment is not sending out the correct message to our children (that if you commit a crime and do something wrong you will be punished). Here is the link to the programme tell me what you think am I over reacting here ?

The Slammer CBBC

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx


2 comments:

  1. I don't like alot of kids tv tracey beaker is another one of my pet hates teaching kids to be obnoxious same with victorious. Kids are encouraged to grow up too quickly these days. I use to watch rainbow and rosie and jim plus all time favourite button moon, those were the days. Prison shouldn't be seen as a good thing an kids need to be taught how to respect alot of it has gone out of the window to societys peril. I do believe this starts at home though don't you think?
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely Dawn ultimately it is our job as parents to ensure that our children grow up to be respectful well rounded members of society its just a shame that we have all these outside influences making our job that bit harder xxx

    ReplyDelete