Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

A Crisis, A Birthday, And An Operation

There was a bit of a crisis here at the weekend. I wont go into details as it is a private family matter but it did really upset me and hence no blog for the last few days. I am pleased to say it has all been sorted out and everything is now back to normal. It was Lee's 35th birthday yesterday we had originally planned to go to the cinema and have something to eat out. Our plans were changed by the announcement that Lee's dad had arranged a family meal instead. We went to a nice little country pub that served food. The food was OK but I wouldn't rave about it and the prices were more than I would normally pay for a meal out. I offered to pay for the meal as it was Lee's birthday but Lee's dad insisted that it was his treat which was nice of him. I do hope I didn't offend him with my offer to pay. Talk turned to what people were willing to pay for a pair of jeans and I kid you not readers my ears nearly bleed when I heard that Lee's dad had paid £100 for a pair of jeans. Lee's brother regularly pays around £60 for a pair of jeans. Lee's dad also mentioned that a female friend of his had just paid £200 for a pair of jeans in NewYork. Here I sat in my £7.99 dress from age UK in a pair of boots I have owned for about 5 years. I think I was visibly shocked when my jaw hit the floor and I nearly turned round and said give me my £5 charity shop jeans any day of the week but did not want to come across as rude. Lee's family are a lovely group of people but it did make me feel that I am in fact not normal when it comes to my frugal ways. That so many people out there are happy to spend serious amounts of cash in the name of fashion. Of course if you can afford to do so and you are not getting yourself into debt to keep up with the Jones then by all means exercise your right to spend a small fortune on an item of clothing if you wish to do so. Personally I can think of much better ways to spend that sort of money. Anyway it is my birthday in 2 weeks time so we shall go to the cinema and eat out then to make up for our scuppered plans. And lastly the operation.....today I had to take Baby to the vets to be spaded and chipped. I felt awful leaving her but as Lee kept reminding me it was for her benefit. When I picked her up this afternoon she had a big lampshade collar on and has a large bald patch on her back leg and a small bald patch on her front leg. She has visible soluble stitches hence the need for the collar so she can not lick her stitches. She has managed to pull the collar off once already and I had to put it back on her which really annoyed her as she hates it. I got a few scratches to let me know she was not amused. She is unable to get into her food bowls because of this big collar she has on so in the end I resorted to spoon feeding her her dinner like a little baby which was quite cute. I have to take her back on Saturday to be checked over but we are looking at 2 weeks before the collar can come off. Anyway off to get the troops to bed now.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx    

No comments:

Post a Comment