Pages

Monday 27 May 2013

£1 A Day Challenge Day One

Wow this challenge is going to be harder than I thought it would. I woke up hungry and realised I had nothing in ready for my challenge. Thankfully my friend had given me some cheese dippers so I had one of these as my breakfast 0p (her dad works in a cheese factory and often gives her lots of free cheese which she will often share with me). We then headed off to the supermarket where I bought all the toiletries and cleaning products I listed yesterday as well as
a packet of 4 breakfast muffins 25p (yellow sticker)
6 eggs 60p (a friend who has chickens)
a chocolate sandwich cake 39p (yellow sticker)
a sachet of custard 15p (value range)
2 bars of chocolate 60p (value range)
2 pints of skimmed milk 50p (yellow sticker)
dry spaghetti 19p (value range)
a jar of lemon curd 22p (value range)
a pack of custard creams 30p (value range)

We headed home knowing we were going to have to go back again just before closing to see what end of day goodies we could pick up for next to nothing. Everyone is being very supportive of my choice to do this challenge although they also think I am a little bonkers lol. We stopped in at my friends art exhibition on the way home so Lee and the boys could view her exhibits. We also stopped at the park and let the boys have a play whilst Lee and I sat down and just talked and enjoyed each others company.

When we got home I made myself a toasted egg muffin 17p with ketchup 0p (I have a load of free sachets I have picked up on my travels). I also had 1/8 of the chocolate cake 5p. I was still hungry so I made a small bowl of frosted shreddies 0p (Lee gets boxes of the stuff free from work) the milk cost me 7p. I began to feel quite dizzy after lunch probably lack of sleep (its one of my big MD triggers) so I had a sleep and woke up a few hours later feeling better. At 6.15pm we headed off to the supermarket to see what I could pick up cheap and I managed to get the following
2 bags of apple slices 10p each (yellow sticker)
a large tub of creme freche 15p (yellow sticker)
a prawn and mayo sandwich 25p (yellow sticker)
1 large sausage roll 15p (yellow sticker)

When we got home I made myself a dinner of mashed potatoes and sausage roll 25p and another 1/8 of chocolate cake for pud 5p. Oh I forgot to mention the bag of apple slices I ate on the way home from the supermarket this evening 5p.

Here are my costs for today
FOOD
Cheese dipper 0p (given by a friend)
1 muffin 7p
1 egg 10p
ketchup 0p (free sachets I have saved up)
1/8 chocolate cake 5p
shreddies 0p (Lee gets them free from work)
1/4 pint milk 7p
bag of apple slices 5p
sausage roll 15p
half a bag of instant mash 10p
1/4 pint of milk 7p
1/8 chocolate cake 5p

DRINK
Water 0p

TRANSPORTATION
My legs 0p

ENTERTAINMENT
Friends art exhibition 0p
The park 0p
2 Walks to and from the supermarket 0p

Total cost of today 71p

I will check the levels on my toiletries and cleaning products at the end of the week and then add those costs into my final calculations. Day one has gone well here's hoping the rest of the week is as successful.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment