Pages

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Not long now :)

Hello readers well pretty much everything is ready for our holiday next week. All that is left to do is change up our spending money which we will do on Tuesday. We are doing it at our banks as they don't charge us a commission if we hold an account with them.

Today we popped over to Lee's so that we could check in online and print off our boarding passes. It's been that long since I was last abroad that I didn't know the check in process had changed. I still thought you checked in at the airport but apparently not it's all done online nowadays. As promised I am going to disclose how much my travel insurance cost me. Due to health issues I have to declare that I have the following menieres disease, peptic ulceration, and liver impairment as a result I was expecting our travel insurance to cost us a pretty penny. When I had a look on the comparison sites a few weeks ago the cheapest quote I could find was a little over £300. Well I was not impressed as Lee's has cost him just £12 but I have to have those ailments covered and resigned myself to the fact I would have to part with the £300 if I wanted myself suitably covered. Wellllll I received an email from my bank last week regarding travel insurance so I decided to see if I could get it cheaper with them. I answered all the questions honestly as I did on the comparison sites and got a quote for £159 plus a 10% discount for buying the policy online. I was gobsmacked that is half the price I was quoted by 3 different comparison sites. Anyway today I purchased the insurance and we can now go on holiday safe in the knowledge that mummy is covered if she gets ill plus we have a little extra spending money now. Isn't that what they call a win win ? lol.

So the flights are booked and we are all checked in, travel insurance has been purchased for everyone, the taxi has been booked, and the house/animal sitter has been booked and informed of her duties. All thats left to do is pack and go :)

Anyone else have any interesting insurance tales to tell ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,
    Hope you guys have a wonderful vacation, I'm so excited for you! Be sure and take photos, would love to see them.
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste I am really looking forward to it. It is soooo cold here in the UK at the moment that it will be nice to have 2 weeks in warm weather :) I will be sure to take lots of pictures and write a brief post most days to let you all know what we are getting up to xxx

      Delete