Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

A New PC

Hello readers I write to you tonight from our new to us PC. You may remember me mentioning several months ago our old PC was on its way out. Well we milked it for as long as we could until it finally gave up the ghost and died on us a few weeks ago. Somebody was selling this PC on one of the selling pages and the Mr assures me that it was a very good deal at £50. It has twice the memory of the old one and is a Dell which again the Mr assures me is a very good make. Now don't tell the Mr I said this but he is a bit of a whiz when it comes to computers so when we got it home he gave it the once over. It has been wiped clean, new drivers and programs installed, and 133 updates have been made. There seems to be a bit of a problem with the audio which he is going to look into tonight as well as removing a faulty add on hard drive and when we manage to source a cheap copy of windows 7 he will be updating the operating system as it is currently running windows xp home edition. Our old PC cost me £80 a year and a half ago which I consider pretty good going for what we paid. My hope is that this one will last us at least a year or two and for £50 it will be money well spent.

Anyway I have Ben moaning he wants his chair back, Lee needs to get on here to sort the audio, and Brandon is winding everyone up and needs to go to bed so its just a short one tonight I am afraid.

What are your thoughts on buying PC's second hand ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment