Pages

Friday 13 February 2015

A rocky start

Hello readers well what a palava we have had with the apartment since we got here. When we arrived Wednesday the apartment clearly was not ready for guests. It was untidy and a little dirty, no bedding or towels set out, no tv, no WiFi, and marks all over the sofa bed. I had to tidy up and clean the place, we had to hunt to find the towels and bedding. After 2 days and 4 phone calls we finally have WiFi but still no TV (sigh). Apparently the TV signal receiver is broken so the manager of the apartment has taken it away to be fixed and won't be back here until Monday to update us on things. So it will be almost a week of our 2 week holiday with no TV. I'm not bothered myself as I don't watch TV much but we could do with it to help keep the boys entertained when we are in the apartment. We have phoned the owner of the apartment to complain as I don't want us losing our damages deposit for things that are not done by us (the satellite dish on the floor of the balcony, marks on the sofas etc). We have been told that the place was not ready, dirty, marks on sofa etc as the manager did not expect guests and the decorators had been in and left the place messy. The owner has offered us a refund of £55 plus our full damages deposit returned. So although we have had a rocky start we are satisfied with the outcome.

Anyway I promised to share lots of pictures of our holiday so here are some more.....



Brad being given the safety talk


My little munchkin





Two of my favourite guys


Me and the Mr


Brandon in the kiddie kart


The three wise monkeys


Just after I took this he crashed into some bushes lol


Ben looking at the pool below 


Our view to the left


Apartment shared pool


Brandons teddy Brother Max catching some rays


Ben preparing himself lol


Holy cow batman this waters freezing


Do I or don't i


Raving mad the 3 of them lol




Me in the apartment we have rented

Yesterday we went for a lovely long mountain walk into town. I'm not sure how far we walked but it took us about 2 hours as Lee managed to get us lost lol. It was all down hill but pretty steep and this morning my legs were in agony lol. Never mind I will take the Troodos mountains over the gym any day of the week lol. Half way through our walk we stopped at a little taverna where they were offering cooked breakfast for €2.90 So about £2.40 give or take a few pennies. For our £2.40 we got the following...
2 eggs
2 rashers of bacon
1 sausage
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Baked beans
2 slices of toast
Glass of orange juice

Not bad hey ? 

We then took the boys go karting. It was amazing and soooo much fun readers. It was a pretty big track and the karts went pretty fast to. In the interests of honesty I will tell you this was not a cheap activity in fact it was quite expensive but we are on holiday and the boys each put €20 of their spending money towards the cost.
I had a double kart for myself and Brandon for 15 minutes €30
Lee had a kart for 15 minutes €20
Brad and Ben had a kart each for 30 minutes €30 each
Brandon had a kiddie kart for 10 minutes €8
This is the most expensive activity we will do whilst we are here and we hope to do it once more before we go as it really was a blast.

Today we spent most of the day at the apartment so we could all have showers and I could get the washing done and hung up to dry. We did pop into coral bay to have a little look around and I managed to source a few reasonable priced activities that we may do (one is a glass bottomed boat trip and the other is a carnival in limissol). I also managed to pick up some frugal gifts for my parents, best friend and God daughter, and S who is house and pet sitting. Everyone has got a pretty handmade Cypriot bracelet each. They were supposed to cost €3 each so €18 in total but the lovely chap charged me a flat €15. So all my gifts are done for the bargain price of €15 or £12 sterling. When we got back the boys went in the pool for a while but not for long lol. They had been bugging me since we arrived about going in the pool but I kept telling them it was to cold. Well today I gave in and let them haha I think they have learnt a valuable lesson today (always listen to mummy). It was freezing cold and within 10 minutes they had had enough and wanted to get out lol.

Anyway off to make tea something quick and easy tonight beans and cheese on toast.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx







No comments:

Post a Comment