Pages

Friday 6 February 2015

A quiet weekend

Hello readers I can't believe that in 5 short days we will be in Cyprus. It has come around so quickly I just hope the holiday itself does not pass as quickly as the run up to it has.

Brad didn't get the little Saturday job he applied for in fact he didn't even get an interview. I am kind of miffed by this because at just 16 years old he has a wonderful work experience with 3 fantastic references as well as a Btec in home cooking skills/ food preparation/ and food safety. He was perfect for this little job in a bakers one day a week. Whilst I don't like to cast aspersions I can't help but get the feeling it was because he is autistic. Brad is ok about it all and in fact I think I was more disappointed than him lol.

Brad and Brandon are at respite this weekend and Lee is working so it will be a quiet weekend with just myself and middle munchkin Ben. I will be getting all the jobs done that need doing before our departure next week and in between my jobs will be partaking of some frugal fun with Benny Bob. This is my list of frugal fun for the weekend.....
1= Reading
2= Work on my book
3= Watch DVDs with the 25p sweet popcorn I got from B&M this week
4= Play chess and monopoly together
5= Play who wants to be a millionaire on the Xbox
6= Play games on the kindle
7= Do some knitting
8= Do some cross stitch
9= Bake a cake
10= Go to the skate park

I think that will be enough to get Ben through the "I'm bored" phases he goes through when his brothers are away. It's important for us both to have these little breaks from the demands of autism but we do miss the boys when they are away.

For dinner tonight Ben and I will have leftovers from last night so it will be spaghetti and meatballs in gravy take two lol.

So readers what do you do with your munchkins to get them through their "I'm bored" phases ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment