Pages

Monday 9 February 2015

Busy old day and when is enough enough ?

Hello readers it's been a busy old day for me here at Tilly Towers today. I got up early and began by tidying the house. I gave Kindy (our rabbit) a thoroughly good clean out and made a fuss of him for a while before seeing to the fish and cat. I put a load of dry washing away and got another load hung up to dry. I popped over the shops to grab a few small bits and electric to last the 2 weeks we are away. I packed our cases ready for the off early Wednesday morning. And I went through and put together all our documents so we are now ready to go and just have a few last minute items to pack. My friend S will be house/pet sitting for me whilst we are away and we ran over what she will need to do in my absence. She will also be bringing in some milk and bread the day we are due home. I really don't know what I would do without S at times. She really was an angel sent to help me. I have checked the weather over in Cyprus and its not as nice as I was hoping it would be (sigh). The average temperature is 15 degrees and its raining quite a bit (another sigh). Hey ho it is what you make of it and I intend to make it awesome lol. It is definitely better than England at the moment with an average temperature of 5 degrees I'm freezing my little tooties off here at Tilly Towers lol. I won't be doing a post tomorrow night as I will be busy getting last minute things ready but I will try and do a quick post Wednesday night to let you all know we have arrived safely.

You may remember my post about Ben's birthday back in January when we had some trouble with N Ben's best friend. Well trouble has struck again this evening culminating in me going down to speak to N's dad. Here's what has happened this time.....

Ben went to play at N's house and returned home early in floods of tears. It transpires that N had been teasing Ben as he often does and Ben snapped and tried to slap N (which I have had strong words with him about) but missed. N decided this gave him the right to batter Ben. He punched Ben in the leg threw him on the floor and stamped on his head twice. In my opinion this was not only taking things to far but also incredibly dangerous. My blood was boiling and despite Ben's pleas for me not to I went and spoke to N's dad D. I get on well with D so had no worries about approaching him with the matter. I explained to D what had happened and that I had spoken to Ben about trying to slap N but felt that N had taken it way to far and that stamping on someone's head is incredibly dangerous. D completely agreed apologised for N's behaviour and assured me he would speak to him and give him some form of punishment. I trust that D will deal with the matter in an appropriate fashion however I have informed Ben he is no longer allowed to play with N either in or out of school. N is mildly autistic and lost his mum a year ago so I have always cut him a bit of slack but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough and stamping on Ben's head has been the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. Ben is ok no headache or anything like that just a little shaken up.

So readers how do you think I dealt with the situation ? Would you have dealt with it in a different manor ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. Have a lovely holiday Claire and a good rest - you deserve this break as for Ben's friend - I thought that you dealt with brilliantly the last time and you have again - I couldn't have been as level headed as you have been - we'll done you - have a brilliant holiday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Trudie I'm hoping the weather gets a little bit warmer over there but I guess we will have to wait and see xxx

    ReplyDelete