Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

Yellow stickers and a roast

Hello readers still cold here in Wiltshire. Boy I'm looking forward to our two weeks in Cyprus :) Today has been a lazy day for us here at Tilly Towers. Lee and I spent most of the day just chilling out and chatting about what we have been up to (we haven't seen each other for 2 weeks). The boys have been playing on the Xbox and computer for most of the day. I had a real hankering for a roast dinner today and we toyed with the idea of going to the local pub for lunch but decided against it. Instead I decided to pop to Morrison's just before closing and see if I could get some yellow sticker chicken to make my own roast dinner and I was in luck. As well as the chicken I was able to get a few other yellow stickers. Here is what I got.....



3 Chicken legs 15p each so 45p
8 Stuffing balls wrapped in bacon 35p
2 Chicken salad sandwiches 19p each so 38p
1 Egg salad sandwich 15p
1 Cheese and tomato sandwich 5p
2 Bags of grapes 5p each so 10p
4 Chocolate eclairs 95p
2 Sausage rolls 5p each so 10p
1 Vegetable samosa 9p

Total £2.62




This milk was reduced to 29p a bottle and still had 2 days left on it so 87p for the 3. However because of a pre promotion on the milk I received an 87p reduction so it worked out the milk was free :) It has gone into the freezer and will be pulled out one at a time once we finish our current bottle.




I picked these bits up for my friend K as she is a vegetarian and a full time carer for her elderly mum so I like to help her out in little ways when I'm able. There is a Caesar salad with dressing, croutons, and parmesan shavings which cost 15p and 2 bags of lambs lettuce 5p a bag so 10p.


Dinner tonight was roast chicken




Left over chicken from yesterday £1.67
3 Chicken legs (yellow sticker) 45p
4 Stuffing balls (yellow sticker) 18p
1 Bag of roast potatoes (Tesco value) £1
1/3 Of a bag of mixed veg (Tesco value) 33p
10 Yorkshire puddings (Tesco value) 33p
1/3 Pot of gravy granules (Tesco value) 7p

Total £4.03 served 5 so 81p per portion. Not one of my more frugal meals but when you compare it to how much it would have cost had we given in and gone to the pub for lunch we are quids ahead plus I got to satisfy my hankering for a roast dinner lol.


And finally.....



LOL I forgot to add this picture to yesterday's post of Ben helping to grate the soap for my laundry detergent. Doesn't he look a loony toon lol.

Do you ever get a hankering for a food that you just have to have ? How do you deal with food cravings on a budget ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. It's nice having Sunday lunch out but how nice to think that you'll soon be in a nice restaurant in Cyprus having Sunday lunch - bet you can't wait - I'm excited for you ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trudie I am soooo excited it will be so nice to be somewhere warmer than the UK is right now. I have researched and we will probably get a few rainy days as it is winter in Cyprus also but the average temperature in February is 18 degrees so a lot warmer than the UK. We are all really looking forward to it although Lee's passport still hasn't come back yet so it may end up just me and the boys going lol xxx

      Delete