Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Feeling Thankful

Hello readers hope everyone is well ? Well that was a humdinger of a meeting yesterday lol. The outcome was actually very positive brads respite package is to remain as it is and Brandon is to have a respite package of his own put in place. I won't go over everything that was discussed as I don't have the time to cover it all but wanted to let you know that it was positive and if all goes to plan brad will have a very bright future ahead of him living independently and working full time in spite of his autism :) The reason I was soooo tired was there was a lot of information to take in and think about. That and an unruly 7 year old fighting for my attention as children with ADHD do. I will admit I'm terrified about brad moving out when he is 18 but I know I can't wrap him up in cotton wool for ever as much as I would like to lol. I am so proud of him and how far he has come. When he was diagnosed with autism I was told he may never walk or talk and could be in nappies for the rest of his life. Look at him now passing his exams, working, and planning an independent life. He truly is an inspiration to me and has surpassed all expectations of him. I know he is my son but he is amazing.

Homeschool today went really well I don't think I've ever seen Brandon that focused he got all his work done in 4 hours and refused all his usual little breaks. He is doing so well educationally since I removed him from school and his confidence is slowly returning and he is believing in himself a lot more. He rarely calls himself an idiot or stupid anymore and is starting to realise that he is actually quite clever and can do things he didn't think he could do before. I have to arrange the statementing process and a visit with the educational psychologist just in case he ever does go back to state school. That way he will be placed in an appropriate setting with all the help he will need should this ever happen. I am so happy with the progress he is making since leaving school and so is the EWO who can't believe the difference in him. He is a lot more talented than that school gave him credit for he really is :) We have home education group tomorrow and it looks like there are going to be quite a few of us there this time. It will be nice for Brandon to see his home ed friends as well as making lots of new ones.

The bestie popped over for a bit this evening and it was nice to have a good old catch up with her and spend a little time with my beautiful God daughter Leia. Leia is in a glee club and they are working on a musical fundraiser to be held in April and she wanted me to  come along and watch her perform. She also invited me to the parents evening coming up which made my heart sing. She obviously thinks a lot of her auntie Claire to invite her to an evening that is for parents :) I truly am blessed to have 4 amazing children in my life 3 wonderful sons and 1 beautiful God daughter.

What makes you feel truly thankful in your life ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment