Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

Happy birthday Ben




Hello readers today we celebrated the birth of my beautiful, clever, and kind son Ben eleven years ago today. I woke to find him sitting on the end of my bed waiting patiently for me to wake up. I gave him a big cuddle and kiss told him how much I love him and gave him his presents and cards to open. He loved all of it thanked me and told me I really didn't need to get him anything as I am giving him money towards his computer but that he was thankful for his additional gifts. We then had bacon sandwiches for breakfast as a treat for Ben's birthday. I then tidied up, whizzed the hover round, and washed up before we all got washed and dressed and waited for Nanny and grandad to arrive from London. He got a nice computer desk, chair, and lamp from Nanny and grandad for when we order the computer he has spent over a year saving for. At 1pm his 2 friends turned up to join in the celebrations with him. As well as the Chinese buffet I laid on sandwiches, sausage rolls, popcorn, and cupcakes which they all seemed to enjoy. About an hour and a half after Ben's friends arrived Brandon came running down stairs to tell me Ben was crying his eyes out in Brads room. I promptly ran upstairs to find my entire upstairs had been trashed and Ben in a heap crying his eyes out. I managed to ascertain that Ben's friend N had trashed the entire upstairs of my house despite Ben's pleas for him to stop. He had also taken Ben's other friends phone and refused to give it back to her as well as pushing Ben off of his bed and calling him a tw@t. Well this is one mumma not to be messed with and no one upsets my boy on his birthday I was furious readers. N has asphergers and I cut him a LOT of slack because of this but this was a step to far. I very calmly explained to N that he had to leave early because of his actions and what exactly his actions were. I reminded him he is supposed to be Ben's best friend and that friends don't make each other cry especially on their birthday. N apologised for his actions and swiftly made his exit. Once N left things calmed right back down and Ben had a fab time with his friend K playing, watching a movie, and munching on goodies. After tidying up the mess left by N I did the washing up, whipped the hover around, and made up a batch of butter using yellow sticker cream. Brandon has been bathed and Ben has had his bath. Brad will have his a bit later as he is nearly 17 he has a later bedtime than the 2 little munchkins. I intend on catching up with my blog reading and finishing my current book A 50's childhood before settling down with a film and an early night.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. Claire - you're an absolute Saint to have dealt with that situation so calmly and in such a kind manner especially after all your hard work to make it such a lovely day for Ben - hope that Ben had a good day despite his friends actions xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trudie I think having 2 ASD son's myself definitely helps also having worked in special needs schools in the past. I could have shouted but I know from experience that does not work with ASD kids you have to lay out all the facts for them. I have known N since he was 4 so kind of know how to handle him. Other than that Ben did indeed have a good day thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete