Pages

Friday 16 January 2015

Vinegar as fabric conditioner

Hello readers brrrrrrr it's been cold here today I have even resorted to having the little electric fire on in the front room for an hour or two. We started our day with homeschool as we always do now. Brandon is doing so well since leaving school in September. He knows nearly all his timetables he only has 7, 8, 9's left to learn. He can speak a little Spanish and is picking the language up nicely. Today in science we learnt all about man-made vs natural materials and he did so well with it all.

I read somewhere that white distilled vinegar is a good fabric conditioner and at 44p a bottle much cheaper than store bought fabric conditioner. I bought a couple of bottles to try out and I'm pleased to say that it works. The clothes are coming up lovely and soft and do not smell like a chip shop in the slightest lol. I will definitely be using this in future in place of my usual value fabric conditioner. This weekend I intend to make a big batch of laundry detergent and a bottle of pre treatment stain remover as well as a cake and some ice cream for the week.

For tea tonight we had homemade shepherds pie.....
2/3 of a bag of value mince £2
2 tins of value baked beans 48p
2 packets of value instant mash 56p

Served 5 so 61p per portion

Anyway I'm off to watch a film with Lee and Bradley whilst we munch on some homemade popcorn. What frugal activities do you have planned for the weekend readers ? Whatever your up to stay safe and stay warm.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx


No comments:

Post a Comment