Pages

Monday 19 January 2015

Flights done

Hello readers I am writing to you tonight from my very own pink kindle :) Lee bought it for me as a belated Christmas present and I love it. He knows I have been wanting one for over a year now as I always borrow the boys for EVERYTHING lol. Now I have one for myself I will be able to carry it round with me in my bag whenever we go out so you can expect to see lots more pictures on the blog now.

We had an awesome weekend (as you can see from my previous 2 posts) even though it has been super cold. Today we popped over to Lee's to book the flights for our holiday in February (Lee has a printer but we don't). I was a bit miffed to find the price had gone up and not down as I had expected it to by waiting till just a few weeks before we go to book the flights (so much for my bright idea hey ?). I did all the usual comparison sites and everywhere I looked lead me back to easyjet. I then checked all the cash back sites to see if I could claw back a little money from our purchase but to no avail. It has ended up costing £927 for the 5 of us to travel to Cyprus and back with 3 lots of hold luggage between us. Lee's share was £200 meaning I had to pay £727 for myself and the boys. So far my costs for 2 weeks in Cyprus are £727 for flights, and half the cost of the apartment £135 So £862. Not to bad for 2 adults and 2 children to spend 2 weeks in Cyprus (Brad is now classed as an adult as he is 16). I do of course still have to purchase travel insurance and I am expecting that to be a pretty hefty cost due to my health issues. But I consider it a necessity as I will not play Russian roulette with mine or the boys health needs whilst in a foreign country.

Dinner tonight was a mix and match of yellow sticker items I got from Morrison's. We each had a sandwich, the youngest 2 munchkins had a sausage roll each in addition to their sandwiches, and Brad had a vegetable samosa in addition to his sandwich.

2 Chicken salad sandwiches 38p
1 Egg salad sandwich 15p
1 Cheese and tomato sandwich 5p
2 Sausage rolls 10p
1 Vegetable Samosa 9p

Total 77p served 4 so 20p each

I think all this extreme frugalism is paying off in other ways and not just the financial benefits we are seeing. Lee and I have both lost weight. I have lost 1st 2lbs and Lee has lost 9lbs so almost 2st between us. Don't get me wrong we are not going hungry or anything we have just cut down on the amount we eat and cut out a lot of the crap and "treats" in order to save some extra money for the holiday.

Anyway off to read some more of my ebook "living cheaply in the UK". What are you currently reading ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

4 comments:

  1. at the minute i am reading 'the woman who stole my life' by marian keyes, great author really funny but touches on series issues, i would really recommend her for a holiday book while you are away, great escapism! loving the pink kindle by the way what a lovely present xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali thanks for the book suggestion :) I have just had a look at the synopsis online and it definitely looks worth a read. I may well download this and take it on my travels with me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Claire - is it a girly pink? I've just read a book about a couple that escaped the rat race and brought an old house in Ireland - they renovated the house and acquired 5 dogs along the way........having a senior moment and can't remember what the books called!- will find it and let you know xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is Trudie a proper fuchsia pink my favourite colour ever :) Sounds like a book I would really enjoy let me know the details when you remember them and I will definitely check it out xxx

      Delete