Pages

Saturday 10 January 2015

Birthday preparations

Hello readers I'm up late tonight as I've been preparing for Ben's birthday in the morning. He is having a movie day with 2 of his friends and Nanny and grandad are coming down from London for the day. This morning we popped to the library so Ben could choose some DVDs for him and his friends to watch tomorrow. We have 4 good films all recent ones that none of them have seen yet so that should keep them happy. We had a little mooch about town but all we came away with was a pair of fingerless gloves for me £1.49 in one of the cheap shops. Do you know with the exception of putting the little electric fire on in the front room for the odd hour here and there in the evenings we have not put the heating on at all so far this winter. We keep warm by layering up if we are cold we will put on an extra jumper, thick bedsocks, slippers, and a fluffy warm nightgown. If we are still cold we put our electric blankets on and sit in bed with a film on or use the kindle. At bedtime we have our electric blankets on, wear our gowns to bed, and if needed throw an extra quilt on the bed. We have not gone cold at all and its now January. The only thing I have found is my hands get very cold hence the fingerless gloves I bought today. After our mooch about we popped to Morrison's so I could get a couple of bits. 2 Reduced loaves of bread 15p each, a new keyboard for the pc £6, a jar of carbonara sauce 89p, and a tub of soft cheese 52p. We then walked home. We dropped everything off and took a walk to Ben's friends house to invite her over for the day tomorrow. The only thing was Ben got lost so we was walking in circles for ages lol. We did eventually find the house and I had a chat with her mum.... all sorted and she will be here tomorrow at 1pm. I could have just called her but I do enjoy a nice walk when I'm not ill and its so much nicer to talk to someone face to face than over the phone especially with my hearing lol. All in all we did about 2 hours walking today :)

Once we eventually got home it was time to sort things out ready for tomorrow. I tidied up and hovered the house top to bottom, gave the whole house a good airing, saw to the animals, did dinner, got Brandon bathed and done the washing up. I also made Ben's birthday cake, some sausage rolls for tomorrow, some sweet popcorn for tomorrow, some cupcakes for tomorrow, and got all his presents wrapped and his card written out. I am now officially shattered and after writing this post will have a quick tidy up before falling into the land of nod lol.


Ben's birthday cake I made for him


One of his presents I made him


The scarf I made him as a gift


All his presents nearly wrapped and a very nosey puddy tat lol



Do you let the cold stop you getting out and about or like us do you just wrap up nice and warm ? Have you had your heating on yet this winter ? Don't be shy readers I love hearing from you all.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday you have planned for Ben! The cake looks awesome and I love the presents you made, especially the framed cross stitch Teddy. Hope you all have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Claire
    Happy Birthday Ben - hope you've had a lovely day xx we haven't used the central heating much yet but the log burners been used a lot - this is an old house with only single brick walls so it does get cold in here - you've done really well Claire to have not used the heating yet - we'll done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys he had a fab day well he did eventually (see most recent post which will be published shortly). I would love wood burners Trudie but we rent and our landlord won't allow it :( xxx

    ReplyDelete