Pages

Saturday 7 April 2012

Friday

My lovely little sister Leanne has come down for a few days to spend some time with me and the boys. Today I had to go into the next town to us to get birthday presents for my best friend and my god daughter. I figured while we was there we may as well make a day of it. They have a very nice park in Trowbridge which has a crazy golf course, tennis courts, a large childrens play area, some medows at the back of the park, and to top it off they had a fun fair there today also. We went to catch the bus but when we got there we realised the buses were on sunday hours and only every 2 hours. I said we would have to cancel and do it another day when Brad mentioned going by train. Good old Brad I had not even thought of taking the train instead. So we took a walk down to the train station I was gob smacked when it cost just £6.60 for 2 adults and 3 children returns on the bus it would have cost £15.50. The ticket attendant informed me that if there is a group of 4 or more then children travel free and adults are half price. I asked if this was some sort of easter promotion but he assures me this is an every day offer. I dont know if it just covers local travel or if it covers national travel also I was not about to grill him on the issue incase he changed his mind lol. When we got to Trowbridge we had a look in the shops and got the presents I needed to get. We then went and got our picnic items. The price of our picnic was as follows: Sausage rolls 73p, Juice 90p, crisps 58p, chocolate 60p, cakes 80p a total cost of £3.61 not bad for the 5 of us im sure you will agree. We also had a lot left over which we brought home and put in the cupboards for another time. Then we went to the park the boys were extremely excited and wanted to do the fair first. We had heard there was going to be a fair last week so the boys decided to save some of their pocket money to go on some of the rides. They had £3 each which was enough for 2 rides each and aunty Leanne paid for them to go on an extra ride each. So in total they got 3 rides each none of which I paid for. After the fair I treated us all to a 18 hole round of crazy golf this cost just £7 for all 5 of us and it took us a good 45mins to get round the course. The boys absolutely loved it. We then went and played in the playground before returning home from our day of fun. We were all pretty tired when we got home as there was a lot of walking involved in our day so the boys all had a fairly early night great fun was had by all. In total our day cost me a total of £17.21 not bad for the 5 of us and as a special treat because aunty Leanne was down. Tomorrow we are going out for lunch to the hungry horse as a special birthday treat from me and the boys to my best friend and her daughter. I have a couple of vouchers to keep costs down and most of us will be travelling in her car again keeping travel costs down. Here are some pictures from today

  

































As you can see from all the pictures we have had a pretty awsome day.
Much Love
Claire
xx xx xx

1 comment:

  1. i so wish i could have come with you guys, what a great frugal and fun day out! i look forward to the summer hols when auntie leanne is down again and we can all have a nice picknick out.. maybe we could even get the train to the sea! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete