Pages

Tuesday 4 November 2014

When Its Cold Outside

Hello readers brrrrrr its cold here at Tilly Towers but we still have not given in and put the heating on yet. Instead we wrap up well with snuggly nightgowns and thick bed socks with slippers. The electric blankets are back on the beds and our extra duvets are at the ready should we need them. I have a policy in my house no heating on unless there is ice outside lol. If it is really really cold we close the curtains, shut the living room door, put the draught excluder down, and put the little electric fire on for an hour. An hour is all it takes to heat up our front room and providing the door is kept shut the heat lasts us the rest of the evening.

It was back to school today and as suspected Brandon did not take to well to the change. They have been on holiday for almost 2 weeks now and he had settled in to his get up late do as I please routine. The mummy waking you up at 8am and no tv or kindle till after school work is done routine was not greatly appreciated today lol. I anticipated this however and am easing him back into it slowly. I think by the end of the week he will be back in the swing of things. Tomorrow we are visiting with a friend of mine who is an extremely talented artist and photographer. She also has chickens, an albino iguana, and 3 Bengal cats. Kelly will be doing some art work with Brandon on his current topic of animals. He will also get to tend to the animals and collect eggs from the chickens for our lunch. In return I am giving her a newspaper that she needs as she is in the paper and her mum would like a copy and one of my knitted snoode scarfs to keep her nice and snug.

So my tips for when it's cold outside.....


Pop on some fluffy bed socks and slippers


Break out a board game


Grab yourself a homemade malteser cupcake


And enjoy a steaming cup of hot chocolate complete with cream and marshmallows


What do you do when it's cold outside to beat those winter blues ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

5 comments:

  1. hi, i just came across your blog tonight and wanted to say how much i have enjoyed reading it :) i recently moved into a house on my own and as i am currently unemployed i am loving all of your frugal tips and posts, great ideas that i will definitely be trying out! lots of yellow sticker shopping for me from now on! best wishes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali and welcome to the mad house lol. If you have any questions please shout and if I don't know the answer I will point you in the direction of someone who does. I'm not an expert but if I can help people by sharing the tips and tricks that work for us then I'm a happy bunny :) xxx
      Much Love
      Claire xx xx xx

      Delete
  2. Claire - you're very good whereas I am an aging wimp with arthritis living in an old house with single brick walls so the heating has been on a couple of times and the log burner lit each afternoon for the last few weeks......free logs though so does it count??.......not sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try must confess though I gave in tonight and put the little electric fire on in the front room for an hour tonight it's so cold. I would love a log burner but I rent and my landlord won't let me install one or have central heating installed even though there are 3 children and 3 disabilities in the house. We have those horrid electric storage heaters that eat the electric and I just can't afford to run them at £40-£50 a week and that's just the heating I would still have to pay my usual £20 a week in addition :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya we inherited the log burner it's quite old now - that's an awful lot of money to put those storage heaters on - don't blame you putting that fire on tonight though it's freezing out there tonight xx

    ReplyDelete