Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2014

The Frugalista Hits The Shops

Hello readers how are we all today ? Good I hope I have a confession to make ..... I have had a bit of a shopping spree today or at least that's how it feels lol. Don't worry I've not spent hundreds of pounds or anything close but for what I got you would think I had spent a hell of a lot more than I have. Here is what we have been up to today.....




We had lunch out as a treat


Brandon had tea and toast £2.20


I had a mini breakfast (mini by gum I couldn't finish it all) and a can of Pepsi £4.30


We did some art rubbings on our way to the post office


We had to post the custom made scarf I had been working on


A trip to the park to play in the leaves


Now I know I'm biased but is he not the cutest


He loves the sounds they make under his wellies


Kicking piles of leaves is such fun


Woo Hoo look at me mum


We had a look in my favourite charity shop and got a few goodies in their sale. This awesome onesie for my awesome Ben was just 50p.


This lovely warm fleece 50p


Check out the brand


This lovely gillett for Brandon 50p


And a nice warm winter coat 50p. I also got a next t-shirt for Ben and a pair of school trousers again 50p each.


As I was to ill to take the boys trick or treating this year I promised them a little Halloween party this week to make up for it. All these items were reduced the cake toppers were 50p, the haribo cakes 25p, and the kiplings cakes 25p per pack.


I found this lovely crafting material for £1.99 a meter. The plan is to make notebook covers and give some pretty covered notebooks as Xmas gifts. The good quality notebook was £2 and one meter of fabric should do 2 notebooks so it will work out £3 a gift.


As part of Brandons art work and to tie in with Xmas Brandon wants to make some funky pens to give as Xmas gifts. We picked up some pens, feathers, pom poms, and I already had the goggly eyes so total spent £3.75 and will make 5 funky pen gifts so works out 75p a gift.


I got this lovely Teddy cross stitch set that I'm going to make for my God daughter as a Xmas gift. I'm going to add her name and frame it so she can hang it in her room. Cost £1 and I will pick up a frame from poundland.


So as you can see we have had a busy day but how much did we spend.....
Transport £0 we used our legs
Lunch £6.50 for the 2 of us
Clothes £3 charity shop sale
Park and art £0
Halloween supplies £1.25
Notebook making supplies £5.98
Funky pen materials £3.75
Teddy cross stitch £1

Total cost £21.48 Not bad for a major shopping splurge and lunch out for 2 hey ?


Lee is over for a few days tonight so there may or may not be a post tomorrow as I want to spend some quality time with him. On Friday we are all going to a fireworks display at Ben's school and we have invited my best friend and God daughter to come along with us. After the display my God daughter will be coming home with us for a girly night with her second mummy :)

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

P.s thank you to the lovely Kate for sharing my post about my God daughter collecting the free McDonald's coffee cards to give out to the homeless which can be found here .....
you are very kind xxx





















2 comments: