Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Wedding Preparations

Hello readers did you know the average wedding costs £18000 OMG. Incase you didn't know I am engaged to be married to my beloved Mr c. We are hoping to get the 21st April 2016. We have toyed with the idea of a semi flash wedding costing around £6000-£7000 but that just did not sit well with me plus in order to save that amount of money we would have to postpone the wedding for a year again not something we want to do. The intention is to clear all debts by April next year, for Lee to move in, live together for a year and then tie the knot. We have discussed it and have decided to go for a fancy but frugal affair not only that but I am going to start setting aside some money each month to start buying items when I see a good deal.

Today I saw the perfect wedding dress its nothing fancy just an off the peg dress from Tesco but I thought it was simple and elegant and would make a fab wedding dress. I also saw a lovely cashmere looking bolero style shrug/cardigan to match total cost for both items £33. I have looked on eBay and found a stunning tiara/head piece for just £2. I will be keeping my eyes open for a nice pair of white shoes to complement the outfit and will allow a total of £15 for my shoes a simple white court shoe with kitten heel should be perfect and not too expensive. To complete my wedding ensemble I will be wearing a mix of my white gold jewellery the Mr has bought me over the last 2years and some simple cheap dress jewellery that I already own. So in total my entire wedding outfit will cost me £50 compared to the average spend of £1098 quite a saving. I will get these items this month and store them away safely. There won't be any pictures I'm afraid as I can't risk the Mr seeing any of it.

The other item I priced up was a 2 tier wedding cake. If I went to a bakers the cost of a wedding cake would be anywhere from £300+ . Instead I will be buying 2 fruit cakes pre iced and decorating them myself which comes to a total of £28 and will serve 60 guests. I have hundreds of pink and white striped cake bags from when I was selling fashion jewellery a few years ago. I will be borrowing a 2 tier cake stand for the day free of charge.

So there you go in this post alone I have saved a total of £1320+ and will have my entire wedding ensemble including dress, shoes, head piece, and jewellery plus a 2 tier fruit wedding cake for the grand sum of £78. Obviously I won't be making the cake till the week of the wedding but I wanted to price up how much it would cost.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment