Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Bargains Galore

Hello readers sorry I've not been about the last few days Lee has been off of work so we have had a nice few days together. If you are a regular reader of mine you will know I am a huge fan of yellow sticker shopping. On Monday we popped to Morrison's in the evening and just at the right time they were doing their final reductions. I got £56.30 of food for just £6.09 and I am so pleased with my buys.


This is what I got and a price breakdown

6x snack bags of fruit supposed to be 50p each I paid 9p each
4 activia caramel yogurts supposed to be £2.39 I paid 19p
A pack of pork and stuffing slices supposed to be £1 I paid 9p
A pack of 6 sausage rolls supposed to be £1.75 I paid 15p
A pack of 6 cheese and onion rolls supposed to be £1.75 I paid 15p
6x 2 creme caramel desserts supposed to be £1.49 a pack I paid 9p a pack
3x 25 fresh meatballs supposed to be £4 a pack I paid 99p a pack
6 pork shoulder steaks supposed to be £4 I paid 99p
0.745kg of best beef braising steak supposed to be £6.89 I paid £1.33
4 cheese and bacon grill steaks supposed to be £1.99 I paid 35p
450g of beef steak mince supposed to be £4 I paid 25p
4 chicken breast fillets supposed to be £5 I paid 99p
3x boxes of breaded chicken pops supposed to be £2.19 a pack I paid 55p a pack

On top of the yellow sticker price I received a further £3.93 off of my total due to promotions that were on some of my items at full price. I was surprised but very pleased to see that the promotional savings came off my bill even though the goods were already heavily reduced :)


And here is the evidence (sorry it's upside down lol)


We went again last night and I got some more yellow sticker goodies. I don't have the original prices or a picture I'm afraid but I thought I would share what I got and what I paid with you.

2 baguettes 5p each
2 cinnamon swirls 9p
2 pecan plaits 9p
5x 5 giant ginger cookies 9p a bag
4x cheese and tomato flatbreads 9p each
2 cooked chicken quarters 45p
7 cooked chicken drumsticks 44p
A box of cooked stuffing 15p
2 boxes of cooked roast potatoes 30p
3 boxes of homemade skin on crisps 9p a box

So for tea we had roast chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes, veg and gravy. Total cost £1.69 (25p for a third of a bag of value frozen veg, and 10p for half a pack of value gravy granules) so worked out at approximately 34p each.


Today we popped into town and had a look in the charity shops where I picked up a few bargains. Here's what I got
A pair of shorts for Ben 50p
A t-shirt for Ben 50p
2 pairs of shorts for Brandon 50p each
2 pairs of jeans for Brandon 50p each
A pair of jeans for Brad £1
A lovely glittery wine glass with fabulous 40 written on it (it is brand new and in a box) for a friend's upcoming 40th birthday £2
A reversible dress (so 2 dresses in one) £3.99
A pair of lovely gold dolly shoes (to go with my dress) £3


How lovely are they and just £3




So as you can see I've managed to bag myself some really good bargains over the last few days and all things that were needed not wanted well except for the shoes but I won't tell if you don't lol.


Much Love
Claire xx xx xx



2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire
    Just discovered your blog, which I am now following. Great finds! I am also a single Mom on a budg, see my blog.
    Carol in Connecticut
    WWW.ctonabudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Carol and I will be sure to check out your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete