Pages

Saturday 21 June 2014

Sports Day And A Weekend Child Free

Hello readers wow yesterday was hot. I am burnt to a crisp and rather sore. It was Brandon's sports day yesterday. I was told it started at 9.30am so decided it was not worth coming home and then going back again so decided I would wait on the field for half an hour. I took the kindle with me so that I could read some more of my book while I waited. Well im glad I did as they told me the wrong time it was 10am that it started so I was sat waiting for an hour. The sports day itself lasted an hour and a half so I was sat out in the sun for two and a half hours. Ouch is the only word to describe how I felt last night lol. Brandon did well he got a 3rd for the flat race and a 3rd for the obstacle race. He came 1st in the egg and spoon race but was disqualified as he held the egg on the spoon the whole time. He was not a happy chap about this lol. As it was held on the junior school field the juniors that had siblings racing were allowed to come and watch so Ben met me there at 10am. I took some squash and cake and in spite of getting burnt we had a lovely morning cheering Brandon and the other children on.

This weekend the eldest two boys are at their dads and Brandon is at respite which means I have an entire weekend child free. This almost never happens and I intend to take full advantage of it. This morning I went for a lovely walk into town to pick up a few bits. I popped into my favourite charity shop (local air ambulance) as they were having a sale. I managed to get Brandon 2 lovely pairs of shorts for 50p each. He desperately needs shorts with this hot weather and he only has a few pairs from last year that still fit him. I also picked up a few of my favourite children's films on VHS. I got monsters inc, The jungle book, and finding Nemo for 10p each. I have been thinking of getting a workout DVD to do at home for a while now. That way if I have a dizzy while working out I can just take myself straight off to bed and take my medication. Also I am unable to use a gym as their insurance will not cover me due to my medical condition. I decided to wait till I saw one in a charity shop for a few pounds rather than paying anything from £10-£20 for a new one. I was delighted to see one today in the sale for just 20p and its a dancey one to which is what I was hoping for. I popped into Morrison's before heading home and picked myself up a few treats for my child free weekend. I got a bottle of cola 45p, a bag of toffees 20p, and a bar of dark chocolate 30p. I know I know last of the big spenders lol but a treat does not have to cost the earth and its nice to treat ourselves once in a while. Well that's my excuse and im sticking to it lol.

When I got home I set about my housework. I tidied up, hovered, saw to the animals, got all the washing done dried and put away, washed up, made a personalised bracelet for my friends birthday present next week, and weeded and turned the soil for my new flower bed. Its amazing what you can get done with no children in the house lol. In a minute im going to set about dismantling the broken parts of the trampoline and see if I can get a good deal on the replacement part I need I will let you know how I get on with that.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment