Pages

Sunday 22 June 2014

Another Busy Day

Well I have had another busy day here today. As well as my usual daily routine I have managed to dismantle the trampoline as the jumping bed and enclosure had completely ripped. I have kept the frame and springs and have looked for a new jumping bed to replace the old one and make the trampoline fully functional again. It is a 10ft trampoline and would cost around £150 to replace but with a bit of DIY and some internet searching it is going to cost me £25 to get it up and running again.
Everyone seems to be having BBQ's in this weather and we don't want to miss out. I have a very nice gas BBQ that I bought a few years ago. It has been left out in the elements since last summer and was absolutely filthy dirty and I was not sure it would even still work. I toyed with the idea of throwing it away and getting a new one but decided I would have a go at cleaning it up and seeing if it still worked. Well im glad I did 3 hours of my time, half a bottle of bleach 15p, and a pack of soap pads 15p and my BBQ is clean and working again. 30p in cleaning materials against £100 for a new BBQ is quite a saving and just goes to show that with a bit of hard work and the right materials things can often be saved and their life extended.
Im just waiting for the boys to get home so we can begin our Sunday evening ritual of dinner, baths, homework, school bags packed, and uniform laid out ready for the morning. I have an appointment in Bath tomorrow with my ENT so its going to be a long day for me so an early night tonight for me I think.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment