Pages

Thursday 26 June 2014

Expanding My Skills

Hello readers I have been wanting to learn some new skills and improve on some of my already acquired one's for some time. Whilst in town on Tuesday I popped into the craft shop that specializes in papercraft and bead work. I was thrilled to see they have started running some workshops. I had a good chat with the lovely lady in the shop and learned that they run a papercraft workshop every Wednesday from 10.30am-12.30pm for just £3·50 an hour. This is perfect for me as it fits in with the children's school hours (it's difficult to get affordable childcare when 2 of your 3 children are autistic). I can see myself making this a regular activity. Although it's something I enjoy and have  dabbled in there is so much more to this that I can learn. It will also come in handy for when I get married as I will be able to do things such as invitations, place cards, seating plans, menus etc myself and as it is a frugal affair making things myself will save me money which can only be a good thing.

The bead workshop is run around you. You let the lady know what day you would like and she works the hours to fit in with you. Again this works out fab for me and whilst I already do a little bead work I generally work with larger beads. She showed me some of her work and readers I was in awe of what I saw. The most beautiful intricate bead work. Next time I go I will take some pictures to show you exactly what I mean. The cost of this workshop varies depending on the materials used but I was told it usually works out between £15-£20 for the day. I am so looking forward to attending these workshops and expanding my skill set :)

My neighbours daughter E is due to have a baby in 17 weeks time and was looking to borrow a sewing machine for a few days so that she could make him a few bits and pieces. I had no idea E knew how to sew but it turns out she has just finished a 2 year college course in textiles. I have had my new sewing machine Sat on the dinning table for a year and a half now and it's never been used. I looked around for someone to give me sewing lessons but could never find anything affordable or some one who could teach me in my own home. E has very kindly offered to teach me to sew in return for borrowing my sewing machine for a week. Readers I can not begin to tell you how excited I am. I have wanted to learn for years now and now not only am I going to learn but it's going be free and in the comfort of my own home. Good things come to those who wait :)


Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment