Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Catch up post one = Carnival Time

This post was originally intended for Sunday 22nd February

Hello readers sorry for my absence a LOT has been going on. There has been a lot of illness among us and it was not until Sunday that any of us felt well enough to venture out of the apartment and even then I was still very weak. We managed to get out on Sunday and Monday but I completely forgot my kindle to take pictures sorry :(

I will do a few catch up posts to bring you all up to speed on the last few days of our holiday in Cyprus starting with today's post "Carnival time".

This weekend in Paphos was carnival weekend. We unfortunately missed the carnival itself due to illness but did manage to attend a carnival party on the Sunday at Loonyland. The boys had a fab time with singing, dancing, face painting, and crafts, as well as the usual soft play facilities. All of this was for the regular bargain price of 5 euros per child so 10 euros in total or £8 sterling.

After the carnival party had finished we decided to take the boys to the cinema to watch Paddington bear. unfortunately Paddington was only showing in Greek so we had to watch the only kids film showing in English which was "Spongebob the movie - sponge out of water". Thankfully this was a film the boys have been wanting to watch for a while so there was no tantrums at missing Paddington and everyone was happy. They had a family deal on as it is half term and so it cost us 6 euros each instead of the usual 8 euros for anyone aged over 12 and 6 euros for children. So total paid for the 4 of us was 24 euros or £19.20 sterling which I deem to be a frugal family day out.

As well as being a cheap day out we were also treated as royalty by having the entire cinema to ourselves. I mean like completely to ourselves readers. There was not another single soul in the whole screening other than myself, Lee, and the munchkins. I don't think that has ever happened to me in my 35 years of going to the cinema, but I really enjoyed it just being us. I didn't have to worry about anyone being to noisy, we were able to sit wherever we wanted, and could talk to each other as and when we needed to throughout the film.

All in all it was a wonderful day at very reasonable prices.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment