Pages

Thursday 5 March 2015

catch up post three = Elle

Hello readers meet Elle



Isn't she beautiful


I had seen Elle floating about the apartments over the course of our two week stay but it was not until the day before we were leaving that she decided to pop on to our balcony to formally introduce herself. I gave her some ham and milk and over the course of the day fell in love with her. I was very concerned for her welfare as she had a chunk missing from her ear, a very sore bottom (swollen and bleeding), fleas, diarrhoea, worms, and scars on her face and chin. Lee helped me to try and find out if she was feral (as a lot of cats are in Cyprus) or if she did in fact belong to someone. After speaking to several of the local residents we found out that she is in fact feral and floats about looking for food and attention. One person even told us not to encourage her "just send her on her way she will be fine" grrrrrr. I managed to locate a local cat rescue charity but they could not pick her up till the next day (our departure date). That night we kept her in the apartment with us. Readers in spite of her injuries and neglect Elle is the most loving and affectionate cat I have ever met. That night she snuggled up with me in bed her head rested against mine and she did not move until I did the next morning. I knew that there was no way I could leave her in Cyprus and that rescuing her was not enough we had bonded and I had to bring her back to the UK to have a forever home here at Tilly Towers with me and the boys. That morning when the rescue centre arrived to collect her I signed forms to claim ownership of her and have her exported to the UK.

This is probably one of the most un-frugal spontaneous things I have ever done but as I have said on this blog before some things are just more important than money. The charity that helped me rescue Elle has treated her ailments and got her back to good health, given her food and shelter, and provided her with the required 21 days quarantine period free of charge. They are facilitating the export of Elle for me which is going to cost me €1300 euros or £950 sterling.

Here are some pictures I was sent today of my little girl happy and settled at the charity.....




You can see the chunk missing from her ear in this one





Here is the link to the charity who has been helping me website.....

http://www.cyprusanimalwelfare.com

Please have a look at their site and consider making a donation. Just as soon as I have paid off the export fees I will be making a nice donation myself as well as signing up to make regular donations by direct debit.

Elle is now safe and well and will be here with us on or after 20th March (depending on flights) but there are still so many feral cats out there that would benefit from your generosity.

So readers do you think I went a little bonkers here lol ? Oh and if you are a troll and have nothing nice to say kindly bite your tongue and say nothing. I know this was a completely un-frugal act and guess what I couldn't care less lol.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

8 comments:

  1. Claire - as long as your happy that's all that matters - I would have done the same if the animal was a dog (I'm more of a doggy person) - take no notice of what anyone else thinks or says - we'll done Claire! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mental.....but I can see where your coming from

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I've been referred to as mental before Kate so will take that on the chin lol xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Claire.
    God bless you! This was clearly meant to be. You are a kind, compassionate woman! xxxxxxx
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste you are very kind xxx

      Delete
  4. Lovely thing to do Claire. Not sure I could have had her in my bed if she had fleas though. Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm didn't really think about it at the time but now you bring it up Donna probably not the wisest choice on my part lol xxx

      Delete