Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2015

If it doesn't rain it pours

Hello readers
Well if it doesn't rain then it pours here at Tilly Towers lol. Last week I developed an infection in my jaw and as I am so used to living with pain on a daily basis I didn't catch the symptoms in time. I woke up Friday morning unable to move my mouth which meant I was unable to eat or drink. As a result I suffered my worst gastritis attack to date it was so bad I honestly thought my time was up and I was going to die. My lovely little Brandon called an ambulance for me and the paramedics rushed me to the RUH in Bath. They gave me gas and air, morphine, intravenous paracetamol everything you can think of but they could not get the pain under control. Every time they reduced the pain relief the pain would start up again. They kept me heavily sedated for 3 days until the pain finally subsided and I was allowed to return home on Sunday night. My blood tests showed a high level of infection and that my liver is in worse shape than when I last had blood tests done. My blood pressure was through the floor and I was in a pretty bad way.

I am now back home feeling very weak, tired, and nauseas but a lot better than I was on Friday. I am on 2 very strong antibiotics and pain relief and when I finish the course I am under strict instructions to return to my gp for further investigation of my liver. I am a poorly girl right now but I feel very grateful to still be here as I really thought my time was up.

Tea tonight is a beef casserole chucked in the slow cooker so nice and easy. I am taking baby steps right now but I'm a fighter and its in my nature not to sit still for to long so I am finding all this resting business a little hard to deal with. That said I am being sensible and resting a lot with a few baby steps thrown into the mix lol.

I just want to thank my mum and best friend Karen who have been amazing through all of this. I love you ladies more than you will ever know.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,
    Hope you are feeling better very soon. What a scary ordeal you went through! I know you are so proud of Brandon calling for help. He is the hero of the hour!
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Claire - hope you're feeling better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Claire
    Just checking in to say that i hope that you and the lads are ok and that you're feeling a little better now - take care and if we don't have chance to speak then I hope you have a good Easter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Trudie I have been having a pretty rough time of it but things are starting to settle down for us again now so will be back to blogging again. I hope you and your family are well xxx

    ReplyDelete