Pages

Thursday 5 March 2015

Catch up post four = Small space living

Hello readers
As my regular readers will know I have just spent two weeks living in a one bedroom apartment with four other people. There was three adults and two children in a small one bedroom apartment. I wanted to do a post on this as minimalism and small space living is something I have read about in the past and is a subject that I am very interested in.  Here are some pictures of the apartment.....


The living room/ bedroom/ kitchen


The bathroom


The bedroom


Sleeping arrangements were as follows Brad had one of the single beds and Ben and Brandon shared the other single bed whilst Lee and I shared the double pull out sofa bed in the living room. Now whilst small space living has always interested me I have never really thought of it as a viable option with the three boys. Especially as two of them are autistic and one of them has suspected ADHD on top of his autism. After spending two weeks living in a one bedroom apartment with the boys I have come to the conclusion that it very much is a viable option.

Don't get me wrong I'm not about to give up my lovely three bedroom house just yet. But I know if worst came to worst and I was forced to dramatically downsize our living quarters we would manage. It would not be as hard as I once thought it would be. 

I like the idea of only living with what we need and dramatically reducing our possessions. I also like the idea of paying a third of the rent that I do now. Did you know you can rent a one bedroom apartment in Cyprus for €200 which is about £145 sterling. Whilst I don't envisage any of this happening anytime soon here at Tilly Towers it has definitely given me food for thought.

So readers what are your thoughts on small space living ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment