Pages

Saturday 30 August 2014

Why Does Big Have To Mean Better

 
Hello readers I have just got back from a trip to the next town and it has left me asking the question Why does big have to mean better ?

Whilst in town I could not help noticing that all the young girls had big heels on, big false eyelashes, big handbags, and big hair it seemed like they were all having a competition on who could go the biggest. Its images like this that reinforce the belief that bigger is better and it does not stop at appearance either. People seem to want to have the biggest house, the biggest car, the biggest pay packet etc. etc. Why oh why do some people seem to think bigger is better ?

Maybe I am missing something here and if I am please readers do tell me because to be quite honest I don't get it. I don't do big I don't like it I like small, dainty, pretty NOT big, in your face, prodigious. As a society I think we need to realise that big does not always mean better. You can live in a big house in a big city and be the loneliest person in the world or as I do you can live in a small house in a small town and feel like the richest person in the world.


 
What makes this better than
 
 
This
I know which one I would prefer
 
 
And what makes this any better than
 
 
This
Again I know which one I would prefer
 
 
 
 
So chip in readers I am dying to hear your thoughts on BIG vs small. Do you think big is better ? Or like me do you think good things come in small packages ?
 
 
Much Love
Claire xx xx xx
 
 
NOTE= All pictures were taken from Google images if you are the owner of any of these pictures and would like me to remove them please contact me via the contact page.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hmm thought provoking Clare - I live in a small cottage and often wish it was bigger so I that I could have a sewing room but I do at heart love this little house - I have a little Aygo for the commute up and down the motorway but should I ever win that lottery I could spook easily see myself in a sleek bright red Range Rover but if I won the lottery I wouldn't be going on the motorway cause I wouldn't be at work.........I suppose that for now small is better but a lottery win could sway me! Hope you and the lads are fine - are they ready for school next week Clare? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie yes they are all ready thanks. They get back from their nanny in Wales on Monday night ready for school Tuesday morning. I was super organised this year and managed to get all their new stuff the last week of term. I just have to hope they have not had a growth spurt over the 6 weeks holidays lol xxx

      Delete