Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Homemade is always best

Hello readers I'm under the weather today :(  I have a horrible cold and think I'm coming down with a bug as I've been having stomach cramps and have felt quite icky all day. I have managed to get the day to day jobs done by doing a little bit here and there. I had 2 small stale baguettes ( 5p each yellow sticker ). Rather than throwing them away I turned them into 4 bags of breadcrumbs ideal for making fish bites, fish fingers, and crumbles. They have gone in the freezer ready to pull out as and when I need them. I also made 2 trays of cola flavored ice cubes using my Xmas chocolate moulds. I have several bananas well past their best so will also be making a banana bread and possibly some banana muffins this evening and possibly some laundry detergent and oat milk. I will be sure to take some pictures and post them later tonight. Can you tell the paracetamol has kicked in lol. I hope I'm feeling a little better tomorrow as we have a day of frugal fun planned but more on that tomorrow.

How do you use up food that's past its best ?

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

UPDATE..... I made the oat milk and laundry detergent but am shattered so will leave the banana bread and banana muffins till tomorrow. Here are the promised pictures.....


Soaking my oats


Laundry detergent ingredients


Boiling the water for my laundry detergent


2 Large and 1 small tubs of laundry detergent and around 2 pints of oat milk



I have had a taste of the oat milk and have to be honest even with the syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla I don't really like it. I'm going to give it another go in the morning once it's had chance to chill over night but I don't fancy it's chances of becoming a regular here at Tilly Towers xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment