Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

Blogging From Bed

I come to you this evening from the comfort of my bed. I am nicely tucked up with my electric blanket on and a big fluffy nightgown and fluffy bedsocks. The boys are dressed much the same but do you know what it's early January and we have only had to put the heating on a hand full of times so far this winter. I am in love with Ben's kindle it is allowing me to get things done even when I'm feeling unwell and not at my best. I've had a headache everyday for about a week now and it's driving me nuts painkillers and sleep are my best friends right now. I have managed to get out and do a few things this week with the help of my lovely man Lee. On Sunday we went reduced price shopping (yellow sticker) I spent the grand sum of £3.50 and for that I got the following items
12 pieces of chicken cooked in stout
1 southern fried chicken fillet
1 gammon shank
4 spaghetti Bolognese ready meals
6 tubes of sausage meat
10 all butter croissants
4 Apple and cinnamon scones
1 cranberry and white chocolate bouble
8 egg custard tarts
4 loaves of bread
2 Apple strudels
12 gooey ginger muffins
and possibly a few other items that I have forgotten.

On Monday we went into town to buy a new Hoover as mine decided to blow up on me last week. I did some research and found a nice vax reduced from £129.99 to £49.99 and comes with a two year guarantee. So I guess if your Hoover is going to blow up then January is the best month for it to do so as you can get a better one in the January sales for less money.

On Tuesday we went to bath to pick up my new hearing aids. We was seen on time and was in and out very quickly. I can't even begin to tell you what a difference they have made I am hearing sounds and voices I have not heard for years. The other day I heard the rain for the first time in years, I have heard my children's voices clearly, I have heard my darling Lee's voice clearly for the first time, and I am slowly rediscovering my love of music. It is an emotional journey for me and there have been a lot of tears over the last few days happy tears though not sad.

On Wednesday I  had a rest day although why I call it a rest day I don't quite know as I usually spend my rest days catching up on jobs in the house lol. To me a rest day is a day when I don't go out as going out is pretty hard work with the MD and really takes it out of me.

On Thursday I had another rest day although I did pop to my local one stop where I was surprised to see a LOT of yellow sticker reductions so I got the following
5 large pepperoni pizzas 50p each
2 packs of 4 chicken breasts £3 each
2 250g butter 77p each
2 packs of 9 crumpets 50p each
8 hovis bread rolls 25p

Today we popped to the optitons to pick up Ben's new glasses. He looks so cute in them and very intelligent although he is very intelligent anyway. We then went to return our dvds to the library and choose some new ones. On the way home I had to pop into Morrison's and was lucky  enough to pick up some more yellow sticker reductions. Today I got the following

6 packs of 4 pork pies 9p a pack
10 packs of 10 slices of roast beef 9p a pack
2 quiche lorraines 9p each
1 tub of cheese and bacon pasta 9p
1 tub of tuna mayo and sweetcorn 5p
4 packs of 2 creme caramels 5p a pack

Tomorrow is Ben's 10th birthday so as his birthday treat he is allowed one of his friends to sleepover and I will be cooking his favourite meal of mild chicken curry. I will use a pack of the yellow sticker chicken I bought for £3 and 2 jars of the curry sauce I stocked up on when they were just 20p. This will serve 3 people twice as half will be frozen for another day. So 57p a portion minus the cost of rice which I have lots of in the store cupboard at just 30p a kilo. He has a chocolate gateau cake for pudding again yellow sticker at £1.30.

On Sunday Lee will be taking Ben and his friend to see the new hobbit movie at the cinema done in frugal fashion of course. Trains there and back as its cheaper than the bus plus we have a rail card so get a further 60% off child's fairs and 1/3 off of adult fairs. We have a free adult guest ticket to use so Lee will get in for free and then it will be £6.45 for each of the 2 boys. Normally I would sneak treats and drinks in in my handbag but as I'm not going and Lee does not use a handbag lol we will be getting the family deal for £10 which consists of 2 small drinks, 2 small popcorns, 2 small sweets, 2 medium drinks, 1 medium popcorn. I'm not sure yet but we may have enough points on our Odeon loyalty card to pay for the drinks and treats I will have to get Lee to check.

Anyway off to watch one of my free library dvds whilst eating a yummy 2.5p warm slice of quiche hmmmm it's a hard life lol.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment